ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: 'Stan's Last Game' by K's1960Today 17:09Today at 17:09:05view thread

Oldest article: Super Hoopsaa by reximus13/10/2019 13:49Sun Oct 13 13:49:27 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: The K's in Point by K's196011/10 17:31Sun Oct 11 17:31:51 2020view thread

Isthmian League - Premier Division results

By Football Web Pages (fwpbot)10/10 17:00Sat Oct 10 17:00:09 2020

Views: 612

The following results have been recorded in the Isthmian League - Premier Division:

Saturday 10th October 2020

Brightlingsea Regent(0)03(1)Haringey Borough[192]
Carshalton Athletic(0)10(0)Corinthian-Casuals[600]
Cheshunt(0)10(0)Bognor Regis Town[266]
East Thurrock United(1)22(1)Merstham[207]
Enfield Town(1)10(0)Leatherhead[350]
Folkestone Invicta(0)10(0)Potters Bar Town[511]
Kingstonian(0)20(0)Hornchurch[366]
Lewes(0)10(0)Margate[450]
Wingate & Finchley(1)12(1)Horsham[255]
Worthing(0)21(1)Bowers & Pitsea[600]

The league table is now up-to-date

Get Football Web Pages for Android or iOS now

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person   

Re: Isthmian League - Premier Division results

By K's196010/10 17:22Sat Oct 10 17:22:13 2020In response to Isthmian League - Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 510

Another 3 points well done K's

By Iang10/10 17:49Sat Oct 10 17:49:35 2020In response to Re: Isthmian League - Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 481

Really really good win today.

They bullied us a bit first half and their best player was marking Kiddel.
Second half much improved , the left winger stretched out the game and we became progressive in midfield. Olly cook really us a superb CH.
The first goal obviously a deflected effort but my the 2 and was van basten in all but name.
Excellent crowd again , Rex makes such a difference.
Royal enclosure flag is nearly ready.

Well worth the trip from the seaside.

Well played lads .

Sussex Ks

3 people like this 3 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

THE Flag

By a krinkly11/10 10:16Sun Oct 11 10:16:06 2020In response to Re: Isthmian League - Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 336

Sir, can you let me know how much I owe for THE FLAG.

Keep safe mate, cheers.

Re: THE Flag

By Iang11/10 15:37Sun Oct 11 15:37:13 2020In response to THE FlagTop of thread

Views: 281

Fiver each Krinkled one, we have you feet epithet on it too. Have you seen it in demo form?

If not drop me a email or text.

Up the ks

Re: THE Flag

By a krinkly11/10 16:21Sun Oct 11 16:21:08 2020In response to Re: THE FlagTop of thread

Views: 264

WhatsApp just sent.

By reximus10/10 23:46Sat Oct 10 23:46:30 2020In response to Re: Isthmian League - Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 375

Cheers dude!

Hayden Bird is magic
He wears a magic hat
And when he saw the Isthmian League
He said "we'll be where we need to be when we need to be there"!!

rex

3 people like this 3 people   

By old and grey10/10 18:34Sat Oct 10 18:34:14 2020In response to Re: Isthmian League - Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 456

We were poor first half giving the ball away far to often with
either the ball played backwards or lumped forward usually
ending up at the feet of a blue shirt, only when the game
became more open second half did we play better finding
space to play in.
Very good attendance 366,but can the COVID officer please
explain to me why we can only sit every fourth seat but you
can stand shoulder to shoulder anywhere in the ground, it
seems utterly bonkers to me and many others.

1 person likes this 1 person   6 people dislike this 6 people

By reximus10/10 23:35Sat Oct 10 23:35:51 2020In response to Re: Isthmian League - Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 362

The Club has worked hard to provide football for everyone to enjoy. You can choose to watch the game "shoulder to shoulder" behind the goal, from the relative safety of the Royal Enclosure, or the enforced 2 metre Social Distancing of the seats.

Where you choose to watch it is your choice (assuming no problems of accessibility). We are all responsible for our choices; the Club has provided but it it not necessarily responsible for policing.

rex

4 people like this 4 people   

By Ksuals11/10 07:52Sun Oct 11 07:52:41 2020In response to Re: Isthmian League - Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 316

Shoulder to shoulder - think the government might have a say Rex.

Ksuals

2 people like this 2 people   

By Stoney (Stoney8587)10/10 18:55Sat Oct 10 18:55:42 2020In response to Re: Isthmian League - Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 445

I don’t see how you can have 366 people in a football ground and have them all 2 metres apart. Its physically impossible even accounting for the same household.

1 person likes this 1 person   2 people dislike this 2 people

By Paddy (Paddy1)10/10 19:24Sat Oct 10 19:24:56 2020In response to Re: Isthmian League - Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 417

& yet I bet my house that zero people catch covid from it.

2 people like this 2 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By old and grey10/10 19:05Sat Oct 10 19:05:20 2020In response to Re: Isthmian League - Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 426

So can you answer my question please, is it the case
that you can catch the virus SITTING shoulder to shoulder
but not doing the same STANDING shoulder to shoulder.
The large group behind the goal were shouting and singing
and i'm taking a punt here that some sneezed or coughed.
As I have said it does not make any sense.

1 person likes this 1 person   4 people dislike this 4 people

By old and grey11/10 15:58Sun Oct 11 15:58:37 2020In response to Re: Isthmian League - Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 259

OK,as nobody seems able to answer my question
will a official from either K'S or CC please explain
why the seating arrangements are in place when
as i say no restrictions are in place for standing
spectators,also the vast majority of people seated
wear masks,if we all wear masks why not open up
the stand as i am sure people are having to stand
when they would rather be seated.

4 people dislike this 4 people

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)11/10 16:50Sun Oct 11 16:50:52 2020In response to Re: Isthmian League - Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 243

You are trying to work out a logic in the Boris laws and hitting a wall.
There is little logic and very little scientific explanation but then Boris pronounces without explanation.
In a pub you are not allowed to sing but can have a singer.Get that one.
Sorry my friend no real help other than you do as I tell you.

1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)11/10 08:30Sun Oct 11 08:30:05 2020In response to Re: Isthmian League - Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 328

You can ask all the questions you want and maybe its understandable but when the laws made by the club should be answered by the club the Boris laws have to be obeyed without answers.
Does the virus not hit till 22.00 in the pub so we have to vacate by then.
If you live together with more than 6 people why cant you sit together in the safe inviroment of the pub where you can at home.
Many questions for Boris but no answers.
Surprise surprise

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Stoney (Stoney8587)10/10 19:12Sat Oct 10 19:12:01 2020In response to Re: Isthmian League - Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 418

Well, no I can’t answer your question.

My point is that you enter a football ground at your own risk. I don’t think its possible to social distance and have 366 people in that stadium. I can’t imagine the situation is any different at any ground up or down the land allowing spectators.

I also don’t think its fair to ask our stewards/covid team to basically try and enforce the impossible.

4 people like this 4 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By andycowl11/10 11:07Sun Oct 11 11:07:49 2020In response to Re: Isthmian League - Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 314

I also don’t think its fair to ask our stewards/covid team to basically try and enforce the impossible.

This. I'm impressed by the measures the club have put in place although I haven't visited the clubhouse, toilets or food outlets.

They put signs up explaining the procedures. They paint white lines and yellow crosses behind the barriers to encourage social distanced spectating.

Fans waltz up at 2:55, see an empty vantage point and simply stand there on the yellow crosses. I'm not saying they're idiots. It just seems to be learned behaviour. They're watching a non-league football match not looking for miniature helicopter landing pads.

I'm comfortable with my neighbours one metre to my left and right as I'm not chatting with them. We're all facing forward, watching the game and if I really felt uncomfortable, I'd walk round to the corner flag where it's less popular.

Expecting the stewards to challenge these people is unrealistic IMHO.

Enjoyed the game yesterday though. Thought it was evenly matched and well contested and sealed by a brilliant goal by Daniel who looks a great player. Defence much improved.

Edited by andycowl at 11:08:17 on 11th October 2020

7 people like this 7 people   

By Max Hustwick Teenage Fan Club (MHTFC)11/10 12:27Sun Oct 11 12:27:01 2020In response to Re: Isthmian League - Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 307

I think Kingstonian have done an excellent job on the Covid front (along with Corinthian Casuals). If you were at Merstham on Tuesday evening you would have been forgiven for thinking that Covid wasn't an issue - it certainly wasn't at Merstham. There were three queues of people, none socially distanced to get in one turnstile, and no precautions inside the ground, except for entering the bar. And to exacerbate matters, the cash side of the entry (you could pay by cash or by card) had virtually no change so people were kept waiting in the confined alleyway.

So well done John and his team for getting this together!

11 people like this 11 people   

By Stoney (Stoney8587)10/10 18:23Sat Oct 10 18:23:11 2020In response to Re: Isthmian League - Premier Division resultsTop of thread

Views: 449

Thought Tom Kavanagh was really good today.

You can see the team getting better each week. Its a different formation and style of play from last season, but two up front is definitely the best way to get more out of Buchanan.

Considering Cray/Worthing were the first two, I imagine most here would have snapped your hand off for 9 points from the first 5 games before we started.

4 people like this 4 people   

Previous thread: Hornchurch match report by www.kingstonian.com11/10 15:29Sun Oct 11 15:29:08 2020view thread