ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Đánh giá phiên bản di động của W88 by nvu54876Today 05:46Today at 05:46:50view thread

Oldest article: Eggy Eggy ENGLAND!!!! by a krinkly26/10/2019 11:05Sat Oct 26 11:05:35 20196 people dislike this 6 peopleview thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Isthmian League - Premier Division results by Football Web Pages24/10 16:58Sat Oct 24 16:58:23 2020view thread

Hey ho and off we go

By LiamKs21/10 16:22Wed Oct 21 16:22:28 2020

Views: 1013

Hey ho hey ho and off to Tesco we go to stack up for the game tonight.
Casuals and we can't come to terms with the Covid difficulties so we have stocked up ready for the can fest behind the goal tonight.
Irresponsible in the extreme but then if the Covid police can't do there job......

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person   11 people dislike this 11 people

Re: Hey ho and off we go

By John Mac21/10 22:56Wed Oct 21 22:56:58 2020In response to Hey ho and off we goTop of thread

Views: 714

You're using volunteers, who give up their free time to provide you with entertainment, as an excuse to flout the law.

We know there are solutions, but as tenants, we have to implement those jointly with our Landlords, which takes time. The vast majority of our volunteers have full time jobs, so it can't always be done instantaneously.

As with many things with football at this level, the Club relies on the common sense of the supporters. You've stated your intention, in print, to break the law. The Sporting Events Act (1985) prohibits you entering the Ground with alcohol. The Health & Safety Act (1974) requires visitors to comply with Club safety guidelines and ensure the safety of yourself and others around you.

When you talk about Covid Police, that should include you. Everyone is in this together and should be looking after each other.

I expect the Bar and Burger van will be open for the next home match. We had considered body and bag searches today, but in the current Covid climate, it's an unacceptable additional risk for volunteers and supporters. Sometimes you have to rely on common sense, especially if it's likely to be for one match only. I'm saddened that you let us down, and so publically too.

If you can remove the post, please do so. It sits there like a stain on our Club's reputation, in my opinion

13 people like this 13 people   

By Paddy (Paddy1)23/10 10:28Fri Oct 23 10:28:33 2020In response to Re: Hey ho and off we goTop of thread

Views: 595

I'm not in disagreement with the overall point you're making but as a naturally pedantic person may I point out that at no point in his post did he mention the word alcohol, just the word cans. In a legal sense, he hasn't put in print he is breaking any laws regarding alcohol regardless of his intention to have done so.

I'm hazy on these laws in general, so if the laws extend to cans in general (IE: cans of coke, pepsi & anything else in can form regardless of alcoholic content) I apologies for the pedantic nature of my post.

Also also, as it's the year 2020 & people are super sensitive to the point that any minor comment on something in disagreement generally equates to disagreeing in total in peoples heads I feel compelled to add to the post: I'm not having a go, a dig, or anything like that & I appreciate all the hard work people put into the club off of their own backs. You guys do what you do so we can do what we do & that is awesome.

3 people like this 3 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By John Mac23/10 22:48Fri Oct 23 22:48:55 2020In response to Re: Hey ho and off we goTop of thread

Views: 523

Good point Paddy.

However, I'd argue that the writer's admission that he's being 'irresponsible in the extreme' is a strong indicator that the contents of the cans are alcoholic.

To answer the point on non-alcoholic drinks, it's not an offence to take them into the Ground, but Stewards are trained to remove ring pulls or bottle tops, so that the cans/bottles can't be used as missiles.

A risk assessment is done before every match, processes are tweaked where necessary, and Stewards are briefed. The two occasions we've had bag and body searches recently, were the Fylde FA Cup match (because alcohol consumption whilst having a view of the pitch, is banned by the FA, in that competition), and a Corinthian Casuals match (due to flares being set off previously).

2 people like this 2 people   

By Paddy (Paddy1)24/10 12:38Sat Oct 24 12:38:24 2020In response to Re: Hey ho and off we goTop of thread

Views: 482

"However, I'd argue that the writer's admission that he's being 'irresponsible in the extreme' is a strong indicator that the contents of the cans are alcoholic."

True but he could be diabetic & drinking full fat coke? That's pretty irresponsible. I jest.

"To answer the point on non-alcoholic drinks, it's not an offence to take them into the Ground, but Stewards are trained to remove ring pulls or bottle tops, so that the cans/bottles can't be used as missiles."

Ah cheers for clearing that one up! Was a genuine intrigue of mine.

By Ksuals23/10 11:24Fri Oct 23 11:24:14 2020In response to Re: Hey ho and off we goTop of thread

Views: 558

Paddy I've a parking ticket,could use your expertise to get out of paying it

Ksuals

By Paddy (Paddy1)23/10 11:29Fri Oct 23 11:29:32 2020In response to Re: Hey ho and off we goTop of thread

Views: 557

As in jest as that was or not, my helpful nature (second only to my pedantic nature) has peaked.

Was it in an NPC car park?

By Ksuals23/10 11:36Fri Oct 23 11:36:15 2020In response to Re: Hey ho and off we goTop of thread

Views: 550

In jest,and I'm sure your nature is not one to take offense.

Ksuals

By Paddy (Paddy1)23/10 11:57Fri Oct 23 11:57:09 2020In response to Re: Hey ho and off we goTop of thread

Views: 548

For someone who I've never met you know me well :)

By a krinkly21/10 16:30Wed Oct 21 16:30:58 2020In response to Hey ho and off we goTop of thread

Views: 783

What about that niggling little voice in your head called a conscience?

7 people like this 7 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By old and grey21/10 17:16Wed Oct 21 17:16:10 2020In response to Re: Hey ho and off we goTop of thread

Views: 752

How totally irresponsible, bringing alcohol into a
football ground is ILLEGAL, whilst you party behind
the goal we have to sit 4 seats apart, hopefully you
will be searched before entering .
It makes a mockery of the rules most of us are
adhering to, obviously these rules don't apply
to some of you.

5 people like this 5 people   3 people dislike this 3 people

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)21/10 18:23Wed Oct 21 18:23:01 2020In response to Re: Hey ho and off we goTop of thread

Views: 686

Totally right Rex but see it for wat it is and attitudes of some.
Seems the Casuals goal was littered with cans last night so it will happen and that the stewards will be aware of the covid people not being able to organise a refreshment facility and so leaving everything open to abuse.

2 people dislike this 2 people

By reximus21/10 17:20Wed Oct 21 17:20:41 2020In response to Re: Hey ho and off we goTop of thread

Views: 749

*reaches for popcorn*

rex

1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Ksuals21/10 19:15Wed Oct 21 19:15:22 2020In response to Re: Hey ho and off we goTop of thread

Views: 739

Sounds if Johnson's fun loving Brits who can't follow guidelines are up for it tonight.

Ksuals

1 person likes this 1 person   

Previous thread: POTTERS BAR PROG by tim22/10 15:44Thu Oct 22 15:44:15 2020view thread