ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.kingstonian.net

The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Metropolitan Police and South Park game update… by ollieToday 14:09Today at 14:09:54view thread

Oldest article: Coach to Macclesfield on Sunday by Olde School Ks25/10/2019 18:02Fri Oct 25 18:02:33 2019view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: 1990s player appearances and goalscorers - Club Statistician by Ben04uk25/10 23:38Sun Oct 25 23:38:42 2020view thread

Hayden on Cheshunt

By BedfordshireK24/10 18:42Sat Oct 24 18:42:04 2020

Views: 568

Apologies for the blip midway through.

reply to this article | return to the front page

3 people like this 3 people   

Re: Hayden on Cheshunt

By reximus24/10 23:30Sat Oct 24 23:30:07 2020In response to Hayden on CheshuntTop of thread

Views: 489

Can he say that?

rex

By Max Hustwick Teenage Fan Club (MHTFC)24/10 23:40Sat Oct 24 23:40:13 2020In response to Re: Hayden on CheshuntTop of thread

Views: 527

Hayden shouldn't be defending Fabio's sending off. It was highly reckless and looked like it got what it deserved - a straight red. The Cheshunt penalty looked extremely soft, but I personally didn't think that he was not that bad a referee .

We were sloppy early on and there should be no excuses for the way the Ks players stood off making tackles which allowed their forwards to run rings round our defenders around our box.

We had our chances but didn't take them. Cheshunt had their chances and took them.

Please Hayden - stop making excuses where there are none to be had!

6 people like this 6 people   3 people dislike this 3 people

By BE25/10 12:42Sun Oct 25 12:42:52 2020In response to Re: Hayden on CheshuntTop of thread

Views: 396

Agree with this, Bird has two main faults this season. Firstly allowing too many experienced players to leave in the summer to be replaced with less able recruits. Making excuses always the 'refs fault'. A year ago we were celebrating getting into the 1st Round of the FA cup next week we depart the FA Trophy at Maldon! All the side needed was some additional fire power which sadly is still missing.

Edited by BE at 12:44:21 on 25th October 2020

3 people like this 3 people   4 people dislike this 4 people

By Peter Borrett25/10 14:27Sun Oct 25 14:27:14 2020In response to Re: Hayden on CheshuntTop of thread

Views: 352

Having a memorable season last year with a good spirit in the team and club it’s disappointing when players leave. Three have gone down a division, one has left Leatherhead to be substitute at Carshalton. Another was sub stitute for Horham . So they are not setting the football world alight elsewhere. Having said that I hope they will do well.According to a Hayden the reason for the changes was because of too many draws and not putting chances away. Nine games and no draws but not firing on all cylinders yet. I think too early for judgement.
We are fortunate to have the regular interviews with better in depth background than we have experienced with previous managers. Hayden’s passion and enthusiasm is very welcome and if it comes with a dose of frustration I can live with that. Re the Horsham penalty if you saw that on their tv I think he has a valid point

9 people like this 9 people   

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)25/10 16:22Sun Oct 25 16:22:33 2020In response to Re: Hayden on CheshuntTop of thread

Views: 333

Agree Mr.Borritt
Its all gone a bit negative while the season has not really got under full flow yet.Hayden thinks we have been unlucky while he must face up to red cards,they dont win games.
We have obviously got new players to blend in which doesnt happen overnight so a little patience and have a look to see our position is not bad at an early stage

By Taimour (WeHateWombles)25/10 09:21Sun Oct 25 09:21:03 2020In response to Re: Hayden on CheshuntTop of thread

Views: 433

it's a strange season so far. Everyone beating everyone. We've lost 5 games out of 9 in league and cup but there's still been enough good stuff to feel optimistic about. even yesterday, we were superb for 30 mins and should have scored 4.

As for the referee, he was indeed very bad. what hasn't been mentioned is that, at 2-2, K's were launching a break, the ball hit the referee and he contrived to execute an uncontested drop-ball by throwing the ball to his left, rather than simply dropping it down, which discombobulated an unprepared Tom Kavanagh, who passed it to Simon Cooper who fell over. Cheshunt advanced to score.

There does seem to be a lot of diving for pens going on at the moment. whereas Corie gets battered in the box at least once every match and nothing gets given.

anyway, there is at least football to watch and moan about so we must be grateful.

5 people like this 5 people   

By Filipo25/10 08:59Sun Oct 25 08:59:03 2020In response to Re: Hayden on CheshuntTop of thread

Views: 458

Sorry but I disagree with that, Fabio won the ball, he's a left back-what do you expect him to do? It was definitely not 'highly reckless' at all . You've criticised the players for standing off making tackles in your post; make your mind up! The entire Cheshunt bench jumped on the pitch to get him sent off and it worked. As a Ks fan, I'm backing my manager and the team who are no doubt all in agreement that is was not a sending off.

The referee was shocking yesterday, are you really endorsing his performance as acceptable? If as Hayden says the referee said it was 'probably a dive for the first penalty' are you seriously ok with that?

The referee was laughing as he walked off the pitch at the end!

We got off to a bad start, however when we got back into the game at 2-2 we had Cheshunt on the run. Our finishing was poor yesterday as it was on Wednesday night and that is an area we need to work on.

I'm the first person to critisie Hayden for his excuses but I'm backing him rather than getting on his case like you.

6 people like this 6 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

Previous thread: More despair at hands of Edwards' Amber Army by www.kingstonian.com25/10 16:15Sun Oct 25 16:15:00 2020view thread