The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: The quadruple ends by KingtingToday 06:56Today at 06:56:07view thread

Oldest article: Bowers and Pitsea game postponed by www.kingstonian.com16/10/2020 15:14Fri Oct 16 15:14:48 20205 people dislike this 5 peopleview thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Saturday's match v Metropolitan Police by www.kingstonian.com4/12/2020 12:00Fri Dec 4 12:00:08 2020view thread

Trident Leagues statement

By www.kingstonian.com (fwpbot)3/12/2020 19:26Thu Dec 3 19:26:03 2020

Views: 826

...still we wait...

Read the full news item at https://www.kingstonian.com/news/trident-leagues-statement/1784

reply to this article | return to the front page

Re: Trident Leagues statement

By Information3/12/2020 19:28Thu Dec 3 19:28:25 2020In response to Trident Leagues statementTop of thread

Views: 835

They waited almost 48 hours to release that ????

Substantial is more than half, two thirds. ????

And does this mean that any vote to play Football in London has to be approved by a substantial number of clubs in the North at the same time ??

2 people like this 2 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

Southern League have a bit more detail

By Information3/12/2020 19:52Thu Dec 3 19:52:19 2020In response to Re: Trident Leagues statementTop of thread

Views: 832

Following consultation with Member Clubs and discussions between the Steps 3 & 4 leagues, the following statement is made.
The Clubs in membership of the Northern Premier, Southern and Isthmian Leagues (the Trident Leagues) met earlier this week to consider the challenges and issues brought about by the reintroduction of Tiers after the raising of the nationwide lockdown with effect from yesterday.

The clubs were asked to vote on a proposition that the pause in fixtures be continued with a regular review in light of changes to the Tiers and/or grants becoming available. The first review to be no later than 16th December. The total votes cast by the 224 Clubs show a substantial number of Clubs in agreement with the proposition. The matter has been considered today and is subject to comment by The FA.

A further statement will be issued in due course.

Re: Southern League have a bit more detail

By Paddy (Paddy1)4/12/2020 09:35Fri Dec 4 09:35:40 2020In response to Southern League have a bit more detailTop of thread

Views: 704

There's probably a really reasonable explanation as to why this cant happen but couldn't just the tier 3 area clubs postpone their fixtures? Either way the tier 3 area clubs will need to postpone & play catch up (either along with the rest of us, or in my proposal on their own) so it kind of feels they're just bringing the rest of us down with them. Surely if the tier 1 & 2 clubs still played on (postponing fixtures against tier 3 clubs of course) then there is less games to shoehorn in when tier 3 areas drop down to tier 2 or Boris' bullshit scheme gets replaced with yet another scheme.

I know that all sounds very 'screw the tier 3 areas' but the alternative is effectively 'screw the tier 1 & 2 areas'. I just think it would actually be more beneficial for the tier 3 area clubs this way, as there would be less postponed fixtures overall to schedule in.

3 people like this 3 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

Re: Southern League have a bit more detail

By Ksuals4/12/2020 11:35Fri Dec 4 11:35:50 2020In response to Re: Southern League have a bit more detailTop of thread

Views: 691

I can understand that there are good reasons for and against delaying return of Trident Leagues. I see Margate have withdrawn from the F A Trophy and I would find it hard to argue against their reasons. As the clubs decided to delay I guess I can live with that, hopefully clubs /league will give reasons why they voted.

Ksuals

2 people like this 2 people   

Previous thread: The Trident Leagues by Taimour4/12/2020 09:08Fri Dec 4 09:08:43 2020view thread