The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Elliott Buchanan returns to Kingstonian by MCYesterday 21:48Yesterday at 21:48:30view thread

Oldest article: The Program Said (Who's Prog?) by a krinkly5/2/2020 13:11Wed Feb 5 13:11:20 2020view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Horsham by Suom Ynona21/9 22:40Tue Sep 21 22:40:44 2021view thread

My first Cardiff game

By reximus18/9 20:27Sat Sep 18 20:27:44 2021

Views: 477

Been living here six years now, felt it was about time.

Lost 1-0 at home to AFC Bournemouth. Fair result. Not a wonderful game. Bournemouth go top of the league.

£23 entry. £5.50 for a pint. £3.50 for the programme. Bought my ticket online and downloaded an NFC token to my phone that allowed contactless entry to the ground.

Decent atmosphere underneath the stand before kick off, which continued behind the goal for most of the game. Signs all over the place telling everyone to sit during the game. Everybody (behind the goal) stood. Terrace banter/hatred shared equally between Swansea and the English. Visit Malaysia.

I might go again. I was more interested in what was happening at Ks.

rex

reply to this article | return to the front page

2 people like this 2 people   

Re: My first Cardiff game

By SDG (SDG (Ks))19/9 13:13Sun Sep 19 13:13:09 2021In response to My first Cardiff gameTop of thread

Views: 403

That’s cheaper than I thought actually (the ticket, not the pint or programme!). In my head The Championship is about £40 these days but looking at some other clubs apparently not. £20-30 seems to be the norm.

All these clubs in our league going to £12, which is most of them, need to be careful. The gap in price between our league and the pro game seems to narrowing.

By Taimour (WeHateWombles)19/9 17:33Sun Sep 19 17:33:24 2021In response to Re: My first Cardiff gameTop of thread

Views: 318

And wombles in league one is cheap for concessions at least...

By WorcesterK19/9 18:45Sun Sep 19 18:45:57 2021In response to Re: My first Cardiff gameTop of thread

Views: 319

I've adopted Cheltenham (along with a few friends) as a second team, because for various reasons none of us get to see our main team very often. Terrace tickets are £18.

Evesham (my actual hometown team now) charge £10 for step 4. It's a no brainer to go to Cheltenham instead.

By Iang23/9 11:41Thu Sep 23 11:41:18 2021In response to Re: My first Cardiff gameTop of thread

Views: 202

Worcester City?

By RichardNW19/9 14:19Sun Sep 19 14:19:00 2021In response to Re: My first Cardiff gameTop of thread

Views: 331

Agreed- it's also more apparent on season ticket prices, even if non league might have similar reductions the gap still gets closer.

In my area Chorley (Conference North) is £15 a ticket where Wigan prices vary game to game but often £20 or £25 and they even had a £10 ticket for a televised Friday night game a couple of years ago. Wigan season tickets start at £350 I think but a renewal is closer to £300 which is about £13 a game.

If anyone remembers the barber from the train station who went to games (Tim will) my favourite heckle from him down at Richmond Road was "I've paid 50p to be entertained K's- ENTERTAIN ME!!!".

I understand success costs money and the pyramid system encourages this but I did like the old days when it was more traditional non league that anyone could afford. I guess that still exists at a lower level but with much more basic facilities than Richmond Road had.

2 people like this 2 people   

By David Crawt19/9 10:51Sun Sep 19 10:51:46 2021In response to My first Cardiff gameTop of thread

Views: 368

I know exactly what you mean by " I was more interested in what was happening at Ks".

I only support two football teams, Kingstonian & England, and just can't get interested in any game where one of those two are not playing.

Man Utd v Liverpool, Leatherhead v Carshalton etc. etc. mean nothing to me.

3 people like this 3 people   

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)19/9 12:19Sun Sep 19 12:19:40 2021In response to Re: My first Cardiff gameTop of thread

Views: 348

I find it quite amazing that anybody watches there favourite team with no interest in any other.
People normally support one team but surely you would be interested in other football if football is your game.

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Paddy (Paddy1)20/9 14:06Mon Sep 20 14:06:59 2021In response to Re: My first Cardiff gameTop of thread

Views: 274

Nope. Over the football shutdown of the last two seasons it proved to me even more that I dont like football anymore... I like Kingstonian.

International football aside, as it isn't (in my head at least) the same thing as club football, if given the choice of generic live football on the tv I'd sooner switch it off & put on some music.

3 people like this 3 people   

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)20/9 19:12Mon Sep 20 19:12:57 2021In response to Re: My first Cardiff gameTop of thread

Views: 245

Just enjoy the vibe then

By Ksuals20/9 17:35Mon Sep 20 17:35:19 2021In response to Re: My first Cardiff gameTop of thread

Views: 252

I would not swop one game of park football I played in to watch any game on the television. Playing - you can't beat it imo

Ksuals

1 person likes this 1 person   

Previous thread: Horsham match two report by www.kingstonian.com23/9 10:07Thu Sep 23 10:07:06 2021view thread