The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Jerry Puemo by SeniorToday 14:32Today at 14:32:14view thread

Oldest article: Have a good Christmas by Perth WA Ks24/12/2020 03:02Thu Dec 24 03:02:18 2020view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Hayden on Folkestone by BedfordshireK23/10/2021 20:20Sat Oct 23 20:20:36 2021view thread

Saturday's match v Folkestone Invicta

By www.kingstonian.com (fwpbot)22/10/2021 12:00Fri Oct 22 12:00:15 2021

Views: 5489

Don't forget that on Saturday afternoon, at 3pm, Kingstonian are away to Folkestone Invicta in the Isthmian League - Premier Division. See you there!

reply to this article | return to the front page

2 people like this 2 people   

Re: Saturday's match v Folkestone Invicta

By Morgs23/10/2021 12:37Sat Oct 23 12:37:49 2021In response to Saturday's match v Folkestone InvictaTop of thread

Views: 2766

Immigration, stereotyping & Alzheimer's seem to be OK in Folkestone. Had a decent cafe breakfast, with an elderly Scot at an adjoining table enthralling his companions with gripes about the price of most things. Neither he nor his companions could recall the name of an expensive restaurant he was whining about.
Just had a pint in The British Lion, where half-a-dozen locals, all 60+, struggled loudly for a good three minutes of "I know who you mean" and "Yeah, wossisname?...errrm..." and "Had Buddy Holly glasses" before remembering the name of the Irishman on "The Comedians."
The temptation to shout, "Frank bloody Carson!" had almost become overwhelming by the time they got it... and two of 'em had Ulster accents!
Sadly, Folkestone Invicta are sharper than most locals.

*Edit* Should say "The Firkin", where some of you may be heading (just a wild guess!) already has a cast of caricatures from Viz's "Real Ale Twats" both inside and out. This month's Viz is well worth buying. The cover alone, a pastiche of the famous Bullingdon Club photo that included Cameron and the priapic buffoon currently in Number Ten, made me laugh out loud.

Edited by Morgs at 12:38:38 on 23rd October 2021
Edited by Morgs at 12:47:18 on 23rd October 2021

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Perth WA Ks23/10/2021 16:32Sat Oct 23 16:32:22 2021In response to Re: Saturday's match v Folkestone InvictaTop of thread

Views: 1791

Sounds like a day in my life.

See wossisname got sent off.

By Morgs23/10/2021 17:23Sat Oct 23 17:23:00 2021In response to Re: Saturday's match v Folkestone InvictaTop of thread

Views: 1739

Yeah.
Hard to see whether it was a fair dinkum red. Midget #11 clean through on left. Tolfs charged, seemed to half consider a Schumacher but thought better of it. Midget chipped. Tolfs stuck a hand up. I doubt he was sure which side of the 18 yard line he was. Got a palm on the ball. I assume it was for handball outside, rather than any contact with the #11. Stayed down a professional length of time. Not sure how well up the linesman was, but he was in the right vicinity.
I left early to catch my booked train. It's late. Well, it's actually on time, but can't go anywhere. The previous train up the line has seemingly lost power and broken down. So we're not moving. Could've stayed at the match for what was doubtless an enthralling last 5 minutes.
The official twinning of the UK with Venezuela should be announced any time soon.
Chance to visit the buffet. £3.85 a beer, £3.60 a ham & cheese sandwich. Bargain.

By Morgs23/10/2021 17:38Sat Oct 23 17:38:32 2021In response to Re: Saturday's match v Folkestone InvictaTop of thread

Views: 1732

In all seriousness, shit happens. Just one of those things. Ollie Cook limping off is a bummer, especially as the game was civilised and a mite half-paced after the card. Decent training exercise. Tried a few things. Folkestone are a good team. Had a big injection of confidence since I saw them at Cor-Cas a couple of months back. Likely to be thereabouts in April - as are K's.... and the other 21 should be playing for play-off places, as Worthing should skoosh this.
3 points v. Horsham is quite important. Need to get back on the horse.

By Morgs23/10/2021 18:01Sat Oct 23 18:01:45 2021In response to Re: Saturday's match v Folkestone InvictaTop of thread

Views: 1756

Could try to get today's 3 points awarded on a technicality. The tannoy played "Jilted John" in the New Wave Hit Parade selection at half-time - or was it pre-match?
Anyhow, homophobic lyrics cannot be tolerated in this day and age. It'll be "Oliver's Army" next!
Points deductions are the only solution.

Previous thread: Isthmian League - Premier Division results by Football Web Pages23/10/2021 17:09Sat Oct 23 17:09:32 2021view thread