The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Ollie Allen signs for Kingstonian by IangToday 14:20Today at 14:20:50view thread

Oldest article: Wednesday Vs Cheshunt FC by John Bangs10/3/2020 07:16Tue Mar 10 07:16:27 2020view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Under 18s Fixture Updates by www.kingstonian.com29/10 16:23Fri Oct 29 16:23:31 2021view thread

Last night vs Horsham

By supahoops728/10 07:09Thu Oct 28 07:09:56 2021

Views: 425

Just what I wished for. A gritty, determined performance, trademark Elliot goal and 3 points!.
Well done lads, well done Hayden & Jamie.
Just one other thing to mention. I took my grandson
along for the first time last night. Whilst he enjoyed the
experience, I couldn't help noticing that the facilities at Casuals
have detiriorated greatly in our time there. I don't use the mobile food wagon, the bar is struggling and quite frankly, the
toilets are disgusting or 'grim' as described by my grandson.

reply to this article | return to the front page

4 people like this 4 people   

Re: Last night vs Horsham

By MC28/10 20:51Thu Oct 28 20:51:59 2021In response to Last night vs HorshamTop of thread

Views: 300

Agree on the toilets. Someone else in there said the same yesterday to me. To be honest I feel a bit embarrassed taking people there because of the toilets, I can't imagine you would get that experience...anywhere else...

Seems like we are coming to the end of our time at KGF. I don't think anyone will miss the ground itself, although it must be said that the location is far better - for local fans - than Leatherhead and the attendances are about 50 up on that season at Fetcham Grove.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Iang28/10 07:49Thu Oct 28 07:49:09 2021In response to Last night vs HorshamTop of thread

Views: 394

Agreed on ground, sooner we are in our own place the better for both parties

By supahoops728/10 08:02Thu Oct 28 08:02:06 2021In response to Re: Last night vs HorshamTop of thread

Views: 408

Yes, I think the whole set up reflects our home attendance
figures which, in my opinion, are poor.
Our fans travel in good numbers and in good voice,
away from home and prefer this to the current 'home'
experience. We need a new home.

2 people like this 2 people   

By Nick Garland28/10 22:39Thu Oct 28 22:39:46 2021In response to Re: Last night vs HorshamTop of thread

Views: 316

I’m not convinced that facilities at Corinthian Casuals have much if any impact on attendances. If you look at the attendances for season 2013/14 where K’s finished 2nd and lost in the playoffs whilst still at Kingsmeadow, the attendances in some respects seem even lower (a few attendances below 250).

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/kingstonian/fixtures-results/2013-2014

I seem to remember the toilets at the Kingston Road end were pretty shabby too.

Edited by Nick Garland at 22:45:48 on 28th October 2021
Edited by Nick Garland at 22:48:24 on 28th October 2021

By supahoops729/10 10:35Fri Oct 29 10:35:09 2021In response to Re: Last night vs HorshamTop of thread

Views: 232

Yes, good points that you and SDG make on this topic.
I'm not knocking Casuals, I'm grateful for our temporary home.
However, it does seem from Mr Anderson's interview that our
stay there will be ending, sooner rather than later.
I imagine we must pay Casuals a decent rent and as far as
I'm aware, they keep the proceeds from food and bar takings.
They should have invested some of this income on facilities like
toilets which frankly, would be condemned by an EHO.
As for attendances, way back when we made it into the
conference, Geoff Chapple use to say, 'where is everyone?'
when our initial attendances of 2000+ gradually settled back to
around 1100 and below 1000, despite phenomanal success.
SDG is right, the club has never been grown or marketed when
succesful. To secure a bit of leasehold land in the borough to
build another footballing and 'community' facility is still
only a remote possibility IMO and could take years.
The club must remain viable in the meantime.

2 people like this 2 people   

By SDG (SDG (Ks))29/10 09:52Fri Oct 29 09:52:23 2021In response to Re: Last night vs HorshamTop of thread

Views: 298

We certainly shouldn’t make the mistake of looking back on the last 10-15 years at Kingsmeadow as an era of having good crowds, because it wasn’t. For some time now we’ve had a small but loyal fanbase who followed us to Casuals and (mostly) to Leatherhead.

But our problem isn’t that people haven’t followed us to Tolworth it’s that wherever we’ve played we’ve struggled to grow the club for years. We should be doing our best to understand why. In our piece to mark International Women’s Day, our Women’s Liaison Officer said:

My current role as Women's Liaison Officer has enables me to talk to women within the club to gain an insight into what would encourage other women to come to football. They mainly mention that facilities, such as toilets and baby changing, could be improved.

We should take this sort of concern seriously and of course it isn’t just a women’s issue - as a Dad to a toddler, not having anywhere to change her is absolutely a barrier to bringing her to Ks. Given a new ground will be some years off, we should be considering facilities as well as just location when we look at where to play in the years to come.

7 people like this 7 people   

By old and grey28/10 17:19Thu Oct 28 17:19:31 2021In response to Re: Last night vs HorshamTop of thread

Views: 335

I thought the performance was pretty average against a struggling
opponent carrying little threat and if we are to finish top five then
performances of this calibre will have to improve.
We gave the ball away far to often even when under no pressure
BEANEY and LAMONT several times early on.
BUCHANAN must have wished he was back at FARNBOROUGH
getting better service than he did here, one very good pass forward
and he was away to score a superb goal.
I'm not convinced a play off place is obtainable with the present squad
as it looks like five or six teams will be fighting for three places as WORTHING
and FOLKSTONE look likely to fight out the no1 spot.

3 people like this 3 people   3 people dislike this 3 people

By Rich29/10 12:40Fri Oct 29 12:40:02 2021In response to Re: Last night vs HorshamTop of thread

Views: 272

Tough game, good win..Lamont and Buchanan our best players I thought. Any reason why Banton won't pass to Bryant when he frequently overloaded down the flank. I wouldn't care but Bryant is by a country mile our most dangerous wide player regardless of his inexperience. I think Banton got passed his man once to put a dangerous ball in. The rest he pretty much lost possession or went sideways when Bryant had created space outside him. Hayden needs to get a grip on it.

6 people like this 6 people   

Previous thread: Saturday's match v East Thurrock United by www.kingstonian.com29/10 12:00Fri Oct 29 12:00:55 2021view thread