The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Jerry Puemo by IangYesterday 21:44Yesterday at 21:44:20view thread

Oldest article: Have a good Christmas by Perth WA Ks24/12/2020 03:02Thu Dec 24 03:02:18 2020view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Ashes to dust by Perth WA Ks18/12/2021 08:17Sat Dec 18 08:17:04 2021view thread

Oh well

By Perth WA Ks19/12/2021 03:27Sun Dec 19 03:27:21 2021

Views: 850

I went to bed at 1-0, quietly confident we would get the result, oh well, sometimes your name's not on it.

You can be the best on the day, best in the league but if it's not meant to be, then that doesn't matter.

Thousand plus crowd so we had good support. I'd be interested how people got on. Did some of you drink in Surbiton and train down? How were the Shots fans, they can be a bit iffy sometimes.

reply to this article | return to the front page

3 people like this 3 people   

Re: Oh well

By supahoops719/12/2021 08:13Sun Dec 19 08:13:38 2021In response to Oh wellTop of thread

Views: 778

A shame to go down to two 'bizarre' own goals.
After a cagey slow start, we started to create some
chances and after going ahead, we looked comfortable
right up to when they drew level. Seems whenever we play
a side from national league level the only difference
between us is fitness and speed of play.
We certainly weren't two leagues apart in quality.
I'm proud of our performance.
Shots fans iffy? Maybe a few years ago.
We had a very amicable pint or two in the pub after
with a few of them. They were very pro Ks and a little
anti AFC.

7 people like this 7 people   

By reximus19/12/2021 10:51Sun Dec 19 10:51:41 2021In response to Re: Oh wellTop of thread

Views: 704

Convention demands that I say Dan Ajakaiye's header in the first half was worth the drive from Cardiff alone, especially with a perfect view from the elevated stand along the side of the ground.

Second half, most of us congregated behind the goal, so had little view of the two bizarre goals conceded at the other end.

8 or 10 of their Burberry/Stone Island models paraded in front of us early in the second half. One was swiftly dealt with by the police, at which point the rest melted away. Everyone else we met was perfectly friendly.

Shame about the result but a cracking day out.

rex

Edited by reximus at 10:52:20 on 19th December 2021

3 people like this 3 people   

By Perth WA Ks19/12/2021 10:15Sun Dec 19 10:15:51 2021In response to Re: Oh wellTop of thread

Views: 709

Yes, that was based on a game v Brentford ooh seventies. Must say, their staff when they were on the rebuild and my kids played against them in kids games were first class.

Glad you were able to enjoy a drink afterwards, that's what this level is all about and why I loved it.

Remember Tlelord and Kiddiminster where we were warmly welcomed. Two iwn goals kind of says what I said, if it's not your year, then it's not your year.

But we are a class team.

4 people like this 4 people   

By supahoops719/12/2021 10:44Sun Dec 19 10:44:31 2021In response to Re: Oh wellTop of thread

Views: 707

Yes, we are a good side with an excellent manager
and assistant. There is quality throught the squad.
The squad is a bit 'thin' through injuries and our options
aren't many. This side is more than capable of challenging
for honours and going higher. A decent run would see us
well into a play off spot.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Rich19/12/2021 10:53Sun Dec 19 10:53:27 2021In response to Re: Oh wellTop of thread

Views: 708

After a nervy 10 mins we realised they really weren't that good and thereafter were easily the best team. The surface was excellent and that suited us. I thought Clunis had a great game and linked up brilliantly with Williamson. Hayden is a fantastic manager and really should get a chance at National league level the way he tries to play. Only small criticism is I would have replace Banton with Lamont much sooner. Great display and a real shame for the two clangers

4 people like this 4 people   

By MC19/12/2021 13:08Sun Dec 19 13:08:05 2021In response to Re: Oh wellTop of thread

Views: 702

Completely agree with everything Rich says. We performed very well and really didn't allow them through our lines at all in the second half. Just managed to concede two ridiculous goals through our own individual errors, but you can't fault the gameplan or the coaching at all...

...aside from what you mention there at the end re Lamont / Banton. I know Banton hit the post, which I think he's done a couple of times before, but I must say I think he's tremendously frustrating. He slows the game down so much with his stepovers and 'chopping' back inside, without ever really delivering much afterwards. I'm also baffled why he's allowed to take wide free-kicks when he constantly wastes those opportunities.

1 person likes this 1 person   2 people dislike this 2 people

By old and grey20/12/2021 19:11Mon Dec 20 19:11:19 2021In response to Re: Oh wellTop of thread

Views: 579

I have to agree with the critique he puts forward regarding BANTON,
he does frustrate to some extent because it's evident watching him
that he's very skilful but he flatters only to deceive.
Harking back to SATURDAY what a super team performance it was,
the football we served up in that first half was superb.
The k's player of the match was CLUNIS who with WILLIAMSON
gave the SHOTS left back a torrid time .
Our passing and movement on a super playing surface was a joy to see.
And yes the best team definitely did lose.

5 people like this 5 people   

Previous thread: Grier's Guide to Leatherhead by www.kingstonian.com19/12/2021 18:34Sun Dec 19 18:34:02 2021view thread