The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Tuesday's match v Dorking Wanderers by GaryToday 09:17Today at 09:17:36view thread

Oldest article: Tuesday's match v Enfield Town by www.kingstonian.com12/10/2020 12:00Mon Oct 12 12:00:06 2020view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Hayden on Worthing by BedfordshireK17/2 21:28Thu Feb 17 21:28:59 2022view thread

Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare Announcement

By www.kingstonian.com (fwpbot)28/12/2021 19:25Tue Dec 28 19:25:44 2021

Views: 2025

Kingstonian to play at the Imperial Fields in 2022-23.

Read the full news item at https://www.kingstonian.com/news/kingstonian-and-tooting-and-mitcham-groundshare-announcement/2722

reply to this article | return to the front page

4 people like this 4 people   11 people dislike this 11 people

Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare Announcement

By 59robbery2/1 14:20Sun Jan 2 14:20:24 2022In response to Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 714

For those of you who haven't been to Imperial Fields before (and those that have) we have a home fixture tomorrow afternoon v Hanwell Town - Kick Off @ 3.00pm. Plenty of beer on offer and a friendly welcome if you'd like to check out the facilities.

I travel to home matches from Chessington - 25 minutes by car and plenty of parking. Alternative is train to Wimbledon and tram to Mitcham. About 40 minutes from Kingston Station - even quicker from Surbiton.

Will be a great ground for your Conference Fixtures next season!!!

10 people like this 10 people   

By Newt (newt1)2/1 14:29Sun Jan 2 14:29:05 2022In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 681

Thanks for the invite but we have an important league match ourselves at the same time tomorrow.
Best of luck with your game.

COME ON YOU Ks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Newt

3 people like this 3 people   

By 59robbery2/1 14:36Sun Jan 2 14:36:12 2022In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 724

Sorry - missed the Lewes fixture. Watch out for Razz Coleman De-Graft one of our ex-academy players.

Do join us though when there isn't a fixture clash. We have midweek cup matches against Haringey Borough on the 11th and Balham on the 18th.

Edited by 59robbery at 14:36:51 on 2nd January 2022

4 people like this 4 people   

By Iang2/1 18:46Sun Jan 2 18:46:49 2022In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 654

Thanks for the encouraging update, I certainly will , I spend some time in Sutton near the 280 bus route, so a simple jaunt for me. We've been to your place a few times and I always enjoyed it.
Loved Sandy Lane more tho.

See you soon and HNY

2 people like this 2 people   

By Coach31/12/2021 16:34Fri Dec 31 16:34:42 2021In response to Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 820

Best option available to us I think. This option keeps us in the right part of the pyramid.
I agree, it's not ideal but no other option was ideal. Especially as Casuals made it clear that we were no longer welcome. I wish them well and hope they are in a better place than when we joined them.
At least the pitch will be good for playing our style of football!!

By Haver of thoughts29/12/2021 00:01Wed Dec 29 00:01:31 2021In response to Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 1519

This is excellent news. One of the best grounds in the Isthmian in my opinion.

A great bar offering good draught beer options, ample seating and two proper terraces behind the goals. As a South London club it's the best and obvious choice.

A tube stop is a brisk twenty minute walk away and good tram and bus links are much preferable to being stuck out in poorly connected Surrey suburbia.

Thank you to all who have made it happen.

7 people like this 7 people   8 people dislike this 8 people

By SDG (SDG (Ks))28/12/2021 20:24Tue Dec 28 20:24:49 2021In response to Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 1551

A good ground with good facilities but make no mistake, this will be a disaster for the club if it lasts for any significant amount of time. Just too hard to get to either by public transport (no direct route from anywhere in the borough) or by car (short as the crow flies but the traffic is often awful).

I understand that probably every option would have been bad. The relationship Casuals is obviously poor; The best options, Met Police or Hampton, would have meant a move to the Southern League, which the club understably, though in my view looking at Met’s success overcautiously, doesn’t want; other options like Leatherhead and Carshalton are probably roughly as hard to get to, depending obviously on where exactly people live. For me personally I’ll only be doing a small handful of home games in the future.

What this really needs to do now though is draw into real focus a conversation about what our long term plans are. Tooting is too far for any significant length of time without putting the club’s very existence at risk.

A couple of months ago I posted about how the club faces a massive strategic decision: between trying to build and own our own ground from scratch with all bells and whistles; or by compromising on perfection by looking to move to an existing facility that would be cheaper and easier to develop, though we wouldn’t own. The former is a higher reward but also a much higher risk. I personally think it’s undeliverable but perhaps others can convince me otherwise. The suggestion in the other thread that Tooting will hopefully be only for a year is unrealistic though.

This news has now created a real urgency for that conversation to take place, and involving all of the fans. We need a meeting of the fans and the board of the sort that took place before the community club referendum, where everyone can have their say and ask the questions that need to be asked. The time for that is surely now.

Edited by SDG (Ks) at 20:25:23 on 28th December 2021

By Gary (gekins)28/12/2021 20:11Tue Dec 28 20:11:28 2021In response to Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 1543

This is terrible news.

First we voluntarily left our home town for the “best long-term interests of our club”, now we’re voluntarily leaving the borough and there still doesn’t seem to be any realistic chance of a new ground this decade.

This seems to me to be another small step towards the death of the club.

Hope I’m wrong, but we’ve heard lots of rumours about new grounds over the years, and none have been anything other than a pipe dream.

6 people like this 6 people   3 people dislike this 3 people

By MC29/12/2021 17:49Wed Dec 29 17:49:44 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 1125

I probably don't have much new to add but just wanted to say I agree with the general thrust of comments so far - Tooting seem nice, the ground itself is actually quite good, but I think the location is a massive issue and a genuine threat to the club with nothing concrete about our return to Kingston / the borough.

Tooting just feels very far to me. I'm in the centre of the borough and have been able to get a bus to Kingmeadow (various), Leatherhead (465), Casuals (various). But now a walk to the station, a train, a wait at Wimbledon, a tram, a walk...it just will really feel like a very 'foreign' club to me. I'll almost certainly attend fewer games.

I do hope that there will be a supporters coach for home games, as there was to Leatherhead. I didn't use it much when we were at Fetcham Grove because of the 465, but I would now. Considering Ando's day job I hope he can make this work.

5 people like this 5 people   

By SDG (SDG (Ks))29/12/2021 18:55Wed Dec 29 18:55:54 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 1070

But now a walk to the station, a train, a wait at Wimbledon, a tram, a walk...it just will really feel like a very 'foreign' club to me.

I think this is an important point. Having to change has both a psychological impact of feeling longer and also a practical impact of being two things to potentially have strikes/delays/engineering works rather than one.

A supporters coach seems even more important than before. To be honest in Leatherhead I never saw it as that important because there was always the 465. With no direct route, it would be more useful to Tooting.

By RichardNW29/12/2021 10:10Wed Dec 29 10:10:52 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 1305

No one would argue this is good news and it's all been bad news since we went bankrupt but it's pretty neutral in terms of alternative options. 45 minutes by public transport from almost any fan location (train to Wimbledon & tram) is no different to Leatherhead and we weren't wanted at Casuals. Plus at least we can now get promoted.

We don't know enough about our alternative options to "voluntarily" leaving KM but you can only assume that getting £1m from AFCW was probably going to be as good as it gets. I understand we could have been kicked out within a year or so with a small compensation package that was far less than the £1m we got, so we would have gambled on the shaming of AFCW and Chelsea changing anything were we to fight our corner and demand to stay there, with a rental agreement that might have been excessive, or get nothing and have them face down the bad publicity.

Agree with your worries about a new ground- again this was all set in stone years ago when we went bankrupt and didn't get an honest buyer and not had any luck along the way.

By Haver of thoughts30/12/2021 12:09Thu Dec 30 12:09:38 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 925

I understand that for fans in some parts of the borough this will be a bit of slog but for those of us who have left Kingston for whatever reason and now live in inner South London boroughs or the Merton border edge of Kingston Borough it's not like the last two ground shares have been ideal. Some will benefit, some will be slightly inconvenienced.

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Butler29/12/2021 13:05Wed Dec 29 13:05:44 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 1234

‘No one would argue this is good news’

I would.

‘45 minutes by public transport from almost any fan location’

Not strictly true. There are a fair few K’s fans like myself that no longer live locally to Kingston. If anything it makes my journey to home games even longer and more hassle which ultimately will mean I’ll probably end up attending less home games then I currently do.

I have absolutely no problem with Tooting, I just don’t think this is the best move for us.

By SDG (SDG (Ks))29/12/2021 14:18Wed Dec 29 14:18:01 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 1145

Indeed Butler. 40/45 minutes from any train station in the borough but given most people don't live right by a station that's the best part of an hour door-to-door, which is still quite a lot. Even for those who do live in the RBK.

Like you I don't live in the borough any more either and I'll also be coming to fewer home games. Makes a long journey even longer, especially when train timetables aren't back to pre-covid normal (and might never be).

If it really was only for a year or two I'd be OK with that. But the only way we could possibly be somewhere in that sort of timeframe is by moving to an existing facility. There's no way we'll build a ground from scratch in anything like that time, even if we could raise the money.

Edited by SDG (Ks) at 14:18:51 on 29th December 2021

By SDG (SDG (Ks))29/12/2021 19:00Wed Dec 29 19:00:16 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 1035

Just to follow up with another important point for those of us who have moved away - remember we generally still have strong links to Kingston.

As direct journeys from home KM/Casuals/Leatherhead/Hampton/Met are all pretty much a wash for me either, by car or public transport (Tooting is much worse than all). But its the closer ones that I can easily combine with other plans with friends or family before/after the game, which makes it much more likely I'll come to Ks.

By Butler29/12/2021 18:59Wed Dec 29 18:59:43 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 1045

Si it takes me an hour to get into London mate. With the added expense and having to faff about with trams etc after finishing a night shift at 4am on a Saturday morning, I just can’t see myself getting to more then a couple of ‘home’ games next season.

Hopefully this is a short term plan from the board and we’re looking at being there for 2 seasons max! If we’re still there at the start of 2024/25 and there’s still no ground development in the works then I will start worrying.

Edited by Butler at 19:03:24 on 29th December 2021

By SDG (SDG (Ks))29/12/2021 19:12Wed Dec 29 19:12:06 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 1006

I agree, two seasons feels like the limit for me or we're in real trouble as a club.

By Peter Borrett29/12/2021 19:41Wed Dec 29 19:41:20 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 1011

I am curious as to what trouble you think the club will be in if we stay at Tooting for a third season (or fourth) . As I mentioned in my previous posts three clubs that took over ten years to move back to their own ground. With any club whether in their own ground or ground tenant there are some who will struggle. The most recent and not foreseen by most is Whyteleafe. Where we have strength is the number of active participants who play their part. If problems occur then I expect it is one we couldn’t anticipate and I don’t think there is anything to worry about until there is something to worry about. There is nothing I know about that says our new ground won’t happen.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By SDG (SDG (Ks))29/12/2021 20:32Wed Dec 29 20:32:08 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 1029

Inevitably lower crowds (as already proven at Leatherhead), us removed from our community, it being to harder to attract sponsors, fewer volunteers. And all leading to a lower playing budget, worse on-pitch performance, possible relegation, heavier reliance on directors and the potential for a death spiral. And the longer that goes on the harder it becomes to even attract the money and backing we'd need to return.

All the while we're not even in the borough to attract the fans of the future.

Yes there are success stories of teams who eventually made it back but the existential risks in having a lengthy period away from home with poor crowds are clear.

I hope the ground will happen and it might do. But there are plenty of reasons to worry why it might not: lack of money, lack of land in Kingston, difficult of getting planning permission, problems with building it, etc.

Edited by SDG (Ks) at 20:33:10 on 29th December 2021

By We’re gonna need a bigger boat! (Jammydodger)30/12/2021 08:25Thu Dec 30 08:25:40 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 923

Sadly, I think the move to Tooting & Mitcham is long term.

By Peter Borrett29/12/2021 21:38Wed Dec 29 21:38:59 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 978

That is a plausible scenario but there are a lot of don’t knows. I expect Tooting is in a more densely populated area than Leatherhead so may attract a few locals to our games but if I had to forecast for next season maybe 10 percent drop. With the right pricing structure I have detailed in an earlier post deficit could be minimalised without penalising season ticket holders. I don’t think sponsorship will be affected and therefore don’t see a change in playing budget. The club have a far more progressive youth policy with four recently added to the First team squad in addition to the 3/4 youngsters already in the team. Bryant has already attracted interest and May command a fee with others in the pipeline to follow?
There will be a lot of variances re income and expenditure with some potentially being positive.
My concerns are more towards being away from the community and a few of our supporters who will find it difficult to attend games at Tooting due to mobility, health or financial issues. Hopefully there will be some thought in the coming months on how to minimise the negative impact for these groups.

By SDG (SDG (Ks))29/12/2021 22:45Wed Dec 29 22:45:11 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 983

We can definitely agree there are a lot of don’t knows!

It’s good to be optimistic but there’s a big difference between saying something like, “I think we’ll win on Saturday” and in hoping various bits of good fortune go our way in something this difficult.

Our last three average attendances at KM were 317, 317, 302 (for fairness I’ve left out the last game with its bumper crowd, otherwise that’s 341). At Leatherhead we had 242. At KGF we’ve had 302, 296, 325 (five games only), 301. So Leatherhead was about a 20% drop and I don’t see why Tooting shouldn’t be the same.

Yes it’s more densely populated but there are also far more clubs nearby. If people want to watch football you already have Palace, AFCW, Sutton, Dulwich, Carshalton, Tooting, Tooting Bec. Everything already covered from EPL to the lowest level of senior football. Why us when we aren’t local? At least at Leatherhead we were the only game in town for any of their fans who didn’t do away games.

I can’t agree with an increase to £12 either. It’s brilliant that the board have frozen ours at £10 for so long when the rest of the league hasn’t. If we were staying in Tolworth people would probably have accepted an increase, now it would just be yet another deterrent for people on top of the journey.

If we’re lucky enough to sell Bryant or any other youngster for a significant sum that should be straight in the stadium fund, not plugging holes in the playing budget. Whatever the stadium plan is, the AFCW money alone is not enough. But the reality is we’ve barely sold a player for anything truly significant since we were in the Conference, this is not something we can rely on for our future.

I’m afraid it’s got to the point where pure optimism has allowed the new ground situation to drift for too long. Arguably for 18 years since AFCW bought KM but particularly in the last five. I’m afraid it’s now reached the point where we need a far more forensic analysis of the club’s plans, with the directors and the supporters working together, to make sure we get it right when with what is probably Ks’ biggest strategic decision in the rest of any of our lifetimes.

Edited by SDG (Ks) at 22:45:38 on 29th December 2021

3 people like this 3 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Peter Borrett29/12/2021 23:53Wed Dec 29 23:53:54 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 968

Just to clarify my view on the £12 entry. In my earlier post I suggested full and half season tickets at 10 percent lower than this seasons prices so our supporters would benefit. The reason for £12 is that We are on par with other clubs. Why should our away support have to pay £12 when visiting supporters pay £10 to visit us.
Don’t agree with transfer fees being put into a stadium fund unless a substantial amount then a majority could be put to the new stadium. In Mark Anderson’s interview he said there were enough funds for their stadium plans.
I also don’t think the negotiations with Kingston Council can be widened to include supporters because of confidentiality but with regard to stadium design, facilities etc then input from supporters could be beneficial..
As I said previously your outlook is quite plausible.. I just think there is a reasonable chance it will turn out well.

By jon tolley29/12/2021 21:16Wed Dec 29 21:16:16 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 999

I keep saying being Kingston’s club is our biggest asset.

We won’t get new fans in Tooting. Why would they watch us over Wimbledon or Tooting. Or Sutton?

so it’s another few seasons of trying to hold on to the existing fans with little new blood. where, in theory, we should have first dibs of the 170,000 people on Kingston (Borough) . Inevitably fans leave or have babies, or move away or grow empires and without natural replacement it’ll get bleaker and won’t be as fun for the ones who do come. which means they come less etc

still, I’d rather Tooting that KGF

By We’re gonna need a bigger boat! (Jammydodger)30/12/2021 08:33Thu Dec 30 08:33:30 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 940

We should commend the lads behind the goal who encourage more and more Kingstonian yoof to join the ranks of Ks fans. Great job lads and a big shout for the yoof.

By supahoops729/12/2021 22:58Wed Dec 29 22:58:22 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 947

Whilst I agree with pretty much all of your aforesaid Jon,
you haven't said why you prefer Tooting over KGF?

By Suom Ynona29/12/2021 23:28Wed Dec 29 23:28:21 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 939

Probably due to the owners of that ground, the turncoats and knuckledraggers that inhabit it. I'd rather not give them another penny. Personally I think that they never had any intention of a joint venture and were only interested in stringing us along to take as much off us as the possibly could.

By We’re gonna need a bigger boat! (Jammydodger)30/12/2021 08:34Thu Dec 30 08:34:58 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 912

Can we take our floodlights/seats with us (can’t remember which it was that we funded)?

By Suom Ynona30/12/2021 09:03Thu Dec 30 09:03:38 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 889

I know for a fact that we paid for the seats, but not sure re the floodlights.

By KsOllie30/12/2021 11:53Thu Dec 30 11:53:57 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 877

I think we might of helped pay some of the bill

1 person dislikes this 1 person

By John Bangs29/12/2021 10:42Wed Dec 29 10:42:36 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 1258

The big difference between Tooting & Mitcham and Leatherhead is that T&M have a step 2 graded ground.

Both are friendly clubs but should we get promoted before our new ground is ready then there will not now be the considerable expense of upgrading someone else’s ground.

6 people like this 6 people   3 people dislike this 3 people

By reximus29/12/2021 11:13Wed Dec 29 11:13:06 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 1164

should we get promoted before our new ground is ready

Yeah but. We've been living off this promise for far too long now. Is there any serious prospect of us having a ground of our own in the Borough by the start of the 2023/24 season? As others have said, I fear for the Club's future if we're ground-sharing at T&M for more than one season.

rex

By Iang29/12/2021 11:21Wed Dec 29 11:21:14 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 1166

I hear you Rex - but what can the board do? without this move we are finished...in 4 months - but like you it can only be for a year ( maybe 2 at a pinch). Its basically asking fans who have been getting a kicking for 15 years to take a short term away game every week. What they can do is improve communications - they have had verbal beatings in the past so perhaps there is a bunker mentality - I like them all and i know are true fans.
But at least John and our other new contributor ( TnM fan?) have added some upbeat features - I for one will be very happy to never set foot in KGF again apart from the usual 3 points ( arrogant but true).

Sussex Ks

2 people like this 2 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By KsOllie29/12/2021 12:58Wed Dec 29 12:58:45 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 1133

I hear you Rex - but what can the board do? without this move we are finished...in 4 months - but like you it can only be for a year ( maybe 2 at a pinch). Its basically asking fans who have been getting a kicking for 15 years to take a short term away game every week. What they can do is improve communications - they have had verbal beatings in the past so perhaps there is a bunker mentality - I like them all and i know are true fans.
But at least John and our other new contributor ( TnM fan?) have added some upbeat features - I for one will be very happy to never set foot in KGF again apart from the usual 3 points ( arrogant but true).

Sussex Ks

We understand why it’s happening, but realistically Kingston are going down the route of Croydon and building loads of high rises “expecting” a housing boom.

The sold a dream to the the people of the Cambridge Estate but because of a screw up gentrification of it is delayed until who knows when & with no clear idea where the new ground is going to be, Opposite Fulham’s training ground, Near Goals Tolworth or The Athletic Stadium all been mentioned but nothing concrete we’re in for a long wait.

By Filipo29/12/2021 12:50Wed Dec 29 12:50:39 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 1165

Love the optimism but optimism alone is not going to secure the clubs future.
Shall we base our thoughts on what we do know which is very little? There are no plans for a ground, every time there has been a little bit of hope it just didn’t happen. So let’s not pretend this is good for the club.
One thing is for certain, if I was running a project and didn’t consult those who would be benefiting from the product/solution I could guarantee failure and subsequent collection of my P45!

5 people like this 5 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Nick Garland29/12/2021 13:39Wed Dec 29 13:39:31 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 1104

But the move in itself isn’t success or failure. It’s not impossible that Ks are promoted this season, playing teams such as Dulwich Hamlet (Southend United even?) and Hampton etc to four figure crowds at Imperial Fields.

By Iang29/12/2021 13:19Wed Dec 29 13:19:43 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 1103

As a project and international programme manager of many years standing I hear you, BUT the benevolence of the current board is all we have. We should be v careful they don't just say , I'm off bugger this.
We are not Dulwich , Macclesfield or Wimbledon. We have 300 fans, we neither have the numbers or the rescuer.

I agree it's yet another kicking but I'll not be issuing a P45 I'll be extending My thanks for keeping the club I love alive.

7 people like this 7 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By Filipo29/12/2021 13:30Wed Dec 29 13:30:32 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 1146

Ive had a lot of loyal fans contacting me saying they won’t be bothering now. I’m still not decided because let’s face if what is there left.

You keep clapping the benevolence after the club is dead in 3 years!

2 people like this 2 people   3 people dislike this 3 people

By David Crawt29/12/2021 20:55Wed Dec 29 20:55:36 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 967

Ive had a lot of loyal fans contacting me saying they won’t be bothering now.

So, NOT loyal fans then?

7 people like this 7 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By KsOllie30/12/2021 01:51Thu Dec 30 01:51:35 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 965

Ive had a lot of loyal fans contacting me saying they won’t be bothering now.

So, NOT loyal fans then?

I’m sorry David but that’s wrong on some many levels

“these so not loyal fans” have been following Ks for 10,20,30 + years.
Seen the highs of FA Trophy days at Wembley , Macclesfield away & Football Focus and the lows of Leatherhead for a season, the 2018/19 season mess.

Like with the Leatherhead season, no one knows how long the stay will be & with no idea where the new ground will be, when work will begin & when we’re move in.

Traveling back from a home game especially in midweek after work when not in the borough can drain you. Especially if some people don’t drive & rely on public transport. Plus factoring in people having to get up early the next morning to take kids to school & going to school.

By David Crawt30/12/2021 14:42Thu Dec 30 14:42:33 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 809

Thanks for your response Ollie.

I totally agree that fans have been commendably super loyal to the club; we have a great core of supporters.

However, to use the term 'loyal' is to suggest that the folks are, in the true definition of the word, 'remaining constant in their support '.

If they decide they don't want to travel a bit further to see their team, I would argue that they cannot be classed as being 'loyal' anymore.

By Iang30/12/2021 14:46Thu Dec 30 14:46:23 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 802

You come from North Yorkshire Dave, I'll pop up from Brighton and I'll see you there, Jerk chicken and a pint in hand.

By David Crawt30/12/2021 15:05Thu Dec 30 15:05:11 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 819

Exactly right Ian.

I do travel a long way to see the K's, and so do you and many others like Rex & Clive & Phil and many more.

I'm sure we will all still get to as many games as we can but, if certain 'loyal fans' don't want to travel an extra 20 - 30 minutes to see their team, it's their choice. I just wouldn't want to label them as being 'loyal' if a longer journey is all that is putting them off.

I think we all need to remember that this club could have died years ago.

It has been kept afloat by the Directors, the supporters, the helpers, financial contribution through the 12th man scheme, game etc. sponsorship etc. and apologies for anything I have missed.

We wouldn't have seen some of the great games we've seen in the last few years if it wasn't for the undying and loyal support of everyone involved with the club.

Now is not a time to argue over having to travel a few extra miles.

We need to embrace this, make the best of it, and look forward to the future.

That future can still be bright, where there is life there is hope.

What we certainly don't need now is to fight amongst ourselves but to pull together for the sake of the future of this great club.

6 people like this 6 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By reximus30/12/2021 14:44Thu Dec 30 14:44:20 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 808

Is my loyalty to the Club judged solely on how often I see them play??

rex

By Mike (The.Cat)30/12/2021 15:02Thu Dec 30 15:02:03 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 806

Is my loyalty to the Club judged solely on how often I see them play??

“Can afford to see them play” - not just in financial terms either

Guess that makes us both fare weather fans … although I’ve yet to see good times go great

By David Crawt30/12/2021 14:50Thu Dec 30 14:50:26 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 829

I didn't say that Rex.

I'm talking about fans being called 'loyal' when they have decided not to go anymore because they have to travel a bit further to see the team they are supposed to be loyal to.

Loyalty, that isn't.

5 people like this 5 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By jon tolley30/12/2021 14:58Thu Dec 30 14:58:42 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 818

David
stop trying to tell fans they’re not loyal. let the lord Bird decide that

By David Crawt30/12/2021 15:10Thu Dec 30 15:10:24 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 817

I give up.

Why is everybody reading my posts incorrectly?

I haven't called any fans 'not loyal'.

My point is that, should they decide that travelling a few extra miles is too much for them, so they aren't going to go anymore, then they will not be loyal.

I've already commented on how loyal the fans have been.

I do wish that folks would READ THE BLOODY POST CORRECTLY.

I give up.

7 people like this 7 people   4 people dislike this 4 people

By John Bangs30/12/2021 09:13Thu Dec 30 09:13:48 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 889

To be fair Ollie, while I take all the points you make - particularly well illustrated by Butler - this is somewhat different to not being bothered , which is what David was reacting to.

By KsOllie30/12/2021 10:29Thu Dec 30 10:29:27 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 865

To be fair Ollie, while I take all the points you make - particularly well illustrated by Butler - this is somewhat different to not being bothered , which is what David was reacting to.

People are frustrated and with no explanation on the move and any plans on future stadiums.

If Anderson interview with Jamie was released with an explanation for the move to Tooting, there would be a uproar but not as bad as this. It’s about communication, well in this case LACK of communication.

Are we going to explanation on the move to tooting and ground update
Would be nice for the fans that aren’t happy to have some ideas what’s happening

Edited by KsOllie at 10:41:17 on 30th December 2021

By Filipo30/12/2021 09:17Thu Dec 30 09:17:06 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 904

But why should they bother John? No one was consulted on whether they want this and how it might affect their journey times, extra costs etc.

We need to stop this self centred approach and actually think about why people are pissed off. So much for the supporters club caring about supporters concerns!

By Alastair29/12/2021 21:21Wed Dec 29 21:21:48 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 976

Wow David. I really don’t think ANYONE who is still a K’s fan right now can be anything other than a very loyal fan.

It’s been thin and thinner for 20 years now, and we haven’t owned our home for getting on for that time either.

The 250 or so of us who’ve stuck it out need to stick together right now rather than playing a game of “who’s the loyalest of the loyal”.

7 people like this 7 people   

By David Crawt30/12/2021 15:17Thu Dec 30 15:17:06 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 828

Hi Alastair, thanks for your response.

You've put a lot of 'words in my mouth' there in your reply and nobody is playing a game of 'who is the loyalist of the loyal'.

Whilst taking your misunderstanding and over reaction to a simple comment into consideration, let's get to the facts of what I actually was saying.

I totally agree that fans have been commendably super loyal to the club; we have a great core of supporters.

However, to use the term 'loyal' is to suggest that the folks are, in the true definition of the word, 'remaining constant in their support '.

If they decide they don't want to travel a bit further to see their team, I would argue that they cannot be classed as being 'loyal' anymore.

7 people like this 7 people   5 people dislike this 5 people

By Mike (The.Cat)30/12/2021 14:07Thu Dec 30 14:07:03 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 825

Count me out as a “loyal” fan then

It’s bad enough evening games, given I do need to sleep with getting up at 5 and driving 10 hours daily (hence why I don’t go) but the extra 30 minutes each way skews Saturdays when I lose 4 hours rather than 2 1/2 hours (or 2 when we were at KM) and having to catch up everything I am too tired to do weekdays

Nah, I’ll be a “disloyal” fan

Don’t really like T&Ms ground as it’s a bit soulless but grateful they are happy to accommodate Ks. So I’ve nothing against the club

Going out of borough is never a good move either, especially as few councillors seem that bothered with non league football (except Jon notably)

By Iang30/12/2021 14:13Thu Dec 30 14:13:01 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 825

We can't stay in the Borough after end of April! There is nowhere come August 22 in the Borough ready to go...

I feel for your set up Mike.

Midweek I'll be getting a bus from Kemptown to Brighton BR , getting off at East Croydon and getting Trams or an uber to T and M

By Mike (The.Cat)30/12/2021 14:28Thu Dec 30 14:28:43 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 817

Thanks

I’m not sure why we couldn’t have looked long term to improve Cor Cas, it’s not as though those councillors who do claim a vague interest in local football couldn’t ensure this

(The ones I’ve come across council-wise tend to be sympathetic to CC (Jon excepted) and given pool gate a multipurpose community sports area might save some from election defeat in May)

It’s highly highly unlikely any new land can be found to accommodate a new stadium within the borough so building upon existing facilities will be the way forward- I do like Gary’s & Jon’s ideas of the Athletic Stadium (not just because it’s a 15 minute saunter currently from my front door, pre-demolition). The council were willing to help AFCW expand (although this never came to fruition)

By Iang29/12/2021 13:41Wed Dec 29 13:41:55 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 1071

Alternative please? Plan B? Cmon

By Filipo29/12/2021 14:08Wed Dec 29 14:08:52 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 1073

I gave a number of options over the past few years. Not going over it again Ian, no point!

I’ll point you out to what a project manager should do in the circumstances as a starting point-of course granny doesn’t need to suck eggs. Engagement, requirement, solutions blah blah blah….

1 person likes this 1 person   3 people dislike this 3 people

By Iang29/12/2021 14:50Wed Dec 29 14:50:15 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 1044

We all love the club, I need to take a chill pill tbh.

By Iang29/12/2021 14:28Wed Dec 29 14:28:46 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 1063

We all love the club, I need to take a chill pill tbh.

By KsOllie29/12/2021 11:04Wed Dec 29 11:04:25 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 1148

The big difference between Tooting & Mitcham and Leatherhead is that T&M have a step 2 graded ground.

Both are friendly clubs but should we get promoted before our new ground is ready then there will not now be the considerable expense of upgrading someone else’s ground.

Kinda worked out why were going there, will we get an update on what’s happening with this . Would at least help

Seems it’s Happy effing NEW YEAR, we’re going to Merton (apologies if this counts as bad language)

By Iang29/12/2021 11:06Wed Dec 29 11:06:21 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 1135

...now in the Wombles boro...oh the irony

By jon tolley28/12/2021 19:36Tue Dec 28 19:36:21 2021In response to Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 1503

I like Imperial Fields (or whatever it's called now), and I do trust Ando.

nonetheless, this is bleak

8 people like this 8 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By supahoops728/12/2021 20:04Tue Dec 28 20:04:53 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 1431

Its not a bad ground, better facilities, not the nicest of places.
Don't see us being made any more welcome than where we
are now. No draught beer at the bar last time I was there.
I cling to the hope that this move is more indication that there
is a definite chance that we'll be back in the borough in a home of our own within two years. I think Casuals have been a bit
naive in not wanting us there.

By AndyH28/12/2021 20:22Tue Dec 28 20:22:19 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 1406

I can tell you as a T&M fan you will be made welcome. We have a big bar with draught beer and real ale at very reasonable prices. Our ground is much bigger than Cor Cas with a National League licence plenty of seats and a big free car park. Mitcham Tram Stop is only a few minutes walk, trams from Wimbledon and Morden tube station about 20 minutes walk or 118 but from outside the ground. 280 bus from outside the ground runs from Tooting to Banstead via Sutton.

By supahoops728/12/2021 20:35Tue Dec 28 20:35:42 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 1379

Thank you AndyH. My comments were not a criticism of your
club or its supporters and officials.

By SDG (SDG (Ks))28/12/2021 20:29Tue Dec 28 20:29:09 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 1352

Thanks, appreciated. I’ve always enjoyed the ground and its facilities and I expect that opposition to this among our fans, of which there will be a lot, will only be about the distance and not about TMFC or the ground itself.

By AndyH28/12/2021 20:41Tue Dec 28 20:41:35 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 1377

Train to Wimbledon and a tram from there to Mitcham will only take about 40 mins.

By old and grey29/12/2021 17:18Wed Dec 29 17:18:12 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 1003

For me from NEW MALDEN not a difficult journey
by train and tram but obviously not for all.
The artificial pitch is great as all games will take place
it should also benefit our playing style.

By John Bangs29/12/2021 10:09Wed Dec 29 10:09:57 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 1194

And …….. for fans who like to meet up before there are plenty of pubs in Wimbledon that would make suitable gathering points. Tooting & Mitcham also have a good bar themselves.

By Iang29/12/2021 10:26Wed Dec 29 10:26:11 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 1182

The Alex( andra) - youngs is my fav nr Wimbledon BR - but if these guys are welcoming us - i'm going to go back to the good old days and get PT to the ground and support the bar. Real ale for £3.50!

By AndyH29/12/2021 10:15Wed Dec 29 10:15:43 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 1166

The bar at T&M has real ale , top lagers, ie San Miguel, Estrella etc and is cheap. This season real ale is £3.50.a pint and San Miguel only £3.80 a pint.

By Iang28/12/2021 19:55Tue Dec 28 19:55:42 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 1435

To be wanted is huge but with an existential crisis like this we need a stop gap until the new ground begins.

I have 2 v easy options but mine is a rare circumstance. My first thoughts are for local Kingston folk that will struggle to get to Hackbridge Station or the bus services.

Is a coach option a la Leatherhead possible for year?

By Iang28/12/2021 20:10Tue Dec 28 20:10:29 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 1405

Mitcham Junction is closer .

Train then tram? 280 bus

By AndyH28/12/2021 20:13Tue Dec 28 20:13:55 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 1402

Mitcham tram stop, not mitcham junction is the closest stop. Just a few minutes walk. Tram from Wimbledom

By Iang28/12/2021 20:55Tue Dec 28 20:55:31 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 1383

Thanks for adding some balm.

Fortunately I have the 280 at the top of my road. 20 mins door to door. But that's me, not so good for the other 300 Ks fans.

I have always admired your fans and sandy Lane and your new place.

By Perth WA Ks29/12/2021 05:36Wed Dec 29 05:36:49 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 1246

I went to a good local beer festival there when I was last over. If I manage to get next year it will be dead easy for me, but that's personal.

I think it's a good ground and the TMFC fans will be a lot friendlier.

The trouble with this nomadic existence is that every move shaves a couple of bodies off the crowd.

Just a thought, do we get any percentage of the bar takings?

So Gaffer, what say you?

By Iang29/12/2021 08:27Wed Dec 29 08:27:33 2021In response to Re: Kingstonian and Tooting & Mitcham Groundshare AnnouncementTop of thread

Views: 1296

Sounds like one or two more upbeat posts here BUT ( if my newly found sensors allow) what is just as important is what does the gaffer think? I've bought into project Bird, financially and spiritually, what does he think. He is the difference between a nat conference south team in next 2 seasons . I'd like to hear his view when he digests this.
Woe betide us still groundharing with a john O Groats fc with a mockney manager using 100 players per season.
I'd like to think Gaffer stays, 1 or 2 seasons with welcoming landlords and us running out in 2 years at our own place v Hampton , 1200 att .

Whatever happens, if they are in hoops i will be there.

Sussex ks

Re: So Gaffer, what say you?

By Nick Garland29/12/2021 13:42Wed Dec 29 13:42:12 2021In response to So Gaffer, what say you? Top of thread

Views: 1097

His view seems to wants to be in the National South next season so the infrastructure is there now. In that sense I’d imagine he’d be supportive.

By Iang29/12/2021 13:44Wed Dec 29 13:44:25 2021In response to Re: So Gaffer, what say you? Top of thread

Views: 1067

Thanks Nick, but Gaffer what say you?

By Nick Garland29/12/2021 13:52Wed Dec 29 13:52:50 2021In response to Re: So Gaffer, what say you? Top of thread

Views: 1049

As an employee of the club I think he is unlikely to post here?

By Iang29/12/2021 13:58Wed Dec 29 13:58:30 2021In response to Re: So Gaffer, what say you? Top of thread

Views: 1030

It's kinda a prompt to communicate on the subject, which is a strength. I want him to stay. I didn't expect a Ks in point reply

By Nick Garland29/12/2021 14:03Wed Dec 29 14:03:27 2021In response to Re: So Gaffer, what say you? Top of thread

Views: 1061

He can’t really say anything (certainly in front of the children) that isn’t supportive. I guess the litmus test will be whether he is still at Ks next season.

By supahoops729/12/2021 15:28Wed Dec 29 15:28:58 2021In response to Re: So Gaffer, what say you? Top of thread

Views: 988

He's commited to getting us promoted to Conf Sth, I'm sure of that. He believes we can and so do the board.
T&M's ground and facilities allow that.
I can only assume Hayden is party to information regarding securing a new home. Will he be with us next season?
Hayden has good stock and is well respected. He could already manage at a higher level. Other clubs will be looking at him, no doubt.

By John Bangs29/12/2021 16:25Wed Dec 29 16:25:51 2021In response to Re: So Gaffer, what say you? Top of thread

Views: 998

From my conversations with Hayden I am convinced he is here for the long and still wholly committed to stay. I think you can assume Hayden has keen kept fully informed of developments.

By supahoops729/12/2021 16:48Wed Dec 29 16:48:06 2021In response to Re: So Gaffer, what say you? Top of thread

Views: 999

Thanks John.

By Iang29/12/2021 14:26Wed Dec 29 14:26:47 2021In response to Re: So Gaffer, what say you? Top of thread

Views: 1014

Agreed , fingers crossed

By Peter Borrett29/12/2021 15:29Wed Dec 29 15:29:08 2021In response to Re: So Gaffer, what say you? Top of thread

Views: 1041

I am generally an optimistic person and having read the posts note the following. Wealdstone, Dartford and Horsham took over ten years from losing their ground to obtaining a new one (Wealdstone in a different Borough) so no basis for thinking our club will be dead in another three years. Hayden is more likely to stay next year with conference South facilities. I don’t think he or the players live in Kingston so playing at Tooting unlikely to be inconvenient. Of all the possible options Tooting provides a better chance of remaining in the Isthmian League. Mark Anderson recently gave an interview about the search for a new ground and was upbeat on recent talks with Kingston Council.
I attend approx 50 percent of home games and maybe 3/4 away games and that is unlikely to change . It’s about 30 miles from my home and will add about 20/25 mins from Tolworth.. There was another comment of loyal supporters and now cannot be bothered which appears a bit of a contradiction. I think , with reflection, that will not prove to be the case.
Having said that I appreciate that for some the move does provide challenges. Extra costs, relying on public transport etc but with quite a few months some of these can be addressed. For example really attractive season ticket deals (full or half) offset by higher entry prices. Our prices are the lowest in the division at £10 compared to £12 in a lot of cases. Perhaps by reducing the season ticket by an extra 10 percent from current season price but increase normal entry by £2 (20%) then our supporters can benefit and visiting supporters pay the same as in their own home ground. Hopefully this will keep attendances around 300 but increase revenue whilst helping our own supporters.
On and off the pitch I think we are in a better place than 2/3 years ago. Good league position, Cup runs in FA cup and Trophy then off the pitch with Kingston Carers and Kingstonian mind. Communication improved with Ks tv, Jamie’s excellent interviews and Hayden with his informative updates and views. Perhaps the supporters club could consider holding its agm a couple of months earlier in 2022 as would be a good forum for discussion with plenty of time before the move.

6 people like this 6 people   

A Fans Forum?

By John Bangs29/12/2021 15:53Wed Dec 29 15:53:04 2021In response to Re: So Gaffer, what say you? Top of thread

Views: 1588

Good idea about a Supporters Club meeting but I think this should also be open to all fans. We probably need an additional open Fans Forum. I’ll talk to our committee and the Club and let people know.

Re: A Fans Forum?

By John Bangs16/2 18:34Wed Feb 16 18:34:09 2022In response to A Fans Forum? Top of thread

Views: 711

When we have a more formal response from the Council, the fan engagement process will commence. I suspect this will initially be a Zoom meeting or interview with Mark. The Supporters Club have also suggested a site meeting for fans once there is a firm offer of a lease. When a news-release is possible this will, of course, come from the football club itself rather than the supporters club.

4 people like this 4 people   3 people dislike this 3 people

By ollie16/2 10:13Wed Feb 16 10:13:11 2022In response to A Fans Forum? Top of thread

Views: 715

Any updates on this John? It would be great if we could find a venue in Kingston for it.

By KsOllie29/12/2021 16:04Wed Dec 29 16:04:05 2021In response to A Fans Forum? Top of thread

Views: 1299

Good idea about a Supporters Club meeting but I think this should also be open to all fans. We probably need an additional open Fans Forum. I’ll talk to our committee and the Club and let people know.

Agreed and soon as possible, got to make it available to everyone

By K's196031/12/2021 11:06Fri Dec 31 11:06:56 2021In response to Re: A Fans Forum? Top of thread

Views: 981

I can't see why the Fairfield shouldn't be redeveloped.

By John Bangs31/12/2021 11:41Fri Dec 31 11:41:14 2021In response to Re: A Fans Forum? Top of thread

Views: 844

Sorry but it would never get planning permission. The Fairfield is an important, historic open space; in use as such since the Middle Age's. It is used by quite a few local teams from the Kingston and District League and is also used for recreation by many local residents (including me).

Kingstonian can not ( and believe does not) expect to displace and over ride the needs of others.

By K's196031/12/2021 17:05Fri Dec 31 17:05:16 2021In response to Re: A Fans Forum? Top of thread

Views: 778

Of course your absolutely right John. I have such happy memories of the Fairfield, I would hate to see it go but in todays climate who knows. Happy New Year every one.

By jon tolley31/12/2021 18:43Fri Dec 31 18:43:07 2021In response to Re: A Fans Forum? Top of thread

Views: 760

nothings gonna happen on the Fairfield
Let’s get back on track here

By Mike (The.Cat)1/1 09:25Sat Jan 1 09:25:17 2022In response to Re: A Fans Forum? Top of thread

Views: 727

There’s still a few unanswered questions as you know about the development next to it

I trust you, so I hope you’re right, but voices like yours are rare within the council

By John Bangs1/1 11:42Sat Jan 1 11:42:05 2022In response to Re: A Fans Forum? Top of thread

Views: 678

Jon is my local councillor and is indeed entirely worthy of your trust.

There does though seem to be widespread support for this project from several Liberal Democrat Councillors ( Who control RB Kingston Council). The project is being overseen by Councillor John Sweeney who is the lead councillor with responsibility for council property and leisure (and so was the key person to have on side).

The project is a win for Kingstonian but also a win for Kingston Council and for the local community.

I was wondering, out of interest what development you are referring to?

By Mike (The.Cat)3/1 09:22Mon Jan 3 09:22:48 2022In response to Re: A Fans Forum? Top of thread

Views: 516

The less spoken about Sweeney the better

Hopefully he’ll be out of his councillor role by mid-May

Having listened to the interview which goes a long way to allay my fears … I’d expect it to go before full council in Match, if only as a sop to the voters who could give them a bit of a bloody nose come May and also to reduce the negative effects of the rise in council tax (albeit not all their fault (although how they spend it is))

I hope that any building works and “stadium” works will be done on a sustainable basis (financially, so slowly) and with minimal effect on the surrounding areas, I.e. wildlife and flora

By Taimour (WeHateWombles)1/1 04:29Sat Jan 1 04:29:08 2022In response to Re: A Fans Forum? Top of thread

Views: 708

The athletics track?

By Ksuals31/12/2021 13:18Fri Dec 31 13:18:10 2021In response to Re: A Fans Forum? Top of thread

Views: 788

The borough has a football stadium capable of Football League, elite level domestic and European womens matches as well a football ground of Isthmian League standard. There is in my opinion no adequate justicaton for the council to allow development of another football ground on well used open space - the Fairfield or any other.
Hopefully if ever such an obsurd proposal was but forward to them it would receive the short shift it deserves.

Ksuals

2 people like this 2 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By reximus31/12/2021 13:33Fri Dec 31 13:33:25 2021In response to Re: A Fans Forum? Top of thread

Views: 761

Sadly, the owners of both those grounds have said they don't want to ground-share with us.

The interview with Mark suggests that RBK owns a piece of land, previously used for sport, currently unused. If the plans involve allowing local school and other community groups to use it with us, then I think/hope it would answer your worries.

rex

By Ksuals31/12/2021 13:43Fri Dec 31 13:43:56 2021In response to Re: A Fans Forum? Top of thread

Views: 726

Redevelopment of unused sport facility for Ks would be a good solution to the self inflicted situation the club has struggled with for several years. If it involves council assets then I would hope community use would be at the fore front of any agreement between council and club.

Ksuals

By Iang31/12/2021 13:37Fri Dec 31 13:37:48 2021In response to Re: A Fans Forum? Top of thread

Views: 726

by the vehemence of his speedy reply I think his motivations are clear Rex

By Ksuals31/12/2021 13:48Fri Dec 31 13:48:32 2021In response to Re: A Fans Forum? Top of thread

Views: 737

If the reference is to me Iang , I think it is blatantly obvious that I think losing any part of Fairfield as an open public space for another football ground/ stadium would be wrong.

Ksuals

By Iang1/1 13:11Sat Jan 1 13:11:53 2022In response to Re: A Fans Forum? Top of thread

Views: 676

Agreed ,it won't be the Fairfield

By Iang31/12/2021 13:19Fri Dec 31 13:19:01 2021In response to Re: A Fans Forum? Top of thread

Views: 785

No text

Edited by Iang at 13:25:01 on 31st December 2021

Previous thread: What formation did we play against Worthing? by Kenny_Beaney_hat16/2 14:11Wed Feb 16 14:11:50 2022view thread