The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Tuesday's match v Dorking Wanderers by SeniorToday 12:15Today at 12:15:00view thread

Oldest article: Hornchurch match report by www.kingstonian.com11/10/2020 15:29Sun Oct 11 15:29:08 2020view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Kingstonian and Corinthian-Casuals come together to aid local charities by www.kingstonian.com13/12/2021 09:04Mon Dec 13 09:04:40 2021view thread

Communication

By reximus30/12/2021 12:50Thu Dec 30 12:50:00 2021

Views: 564

Just two months ago, Mark Anderson sat down for a catchup with Jamie Cutteridge about the longer term plans for Ks future home, in an interview that was seemingly well received by supporters.

Contrast that with the way that our ground-share with T&MFC has been briefed - a statement on the internet, during a period with no football, with no update on the longer term issue above, with no attached Q&As, and with John Bangs being bounced into arranging a Fans Meeting to address the many & obvious concerns. In the meanwhile, fans are arguing amongst themselves.

I assume there was no rush? I assume there was no obligation to publish our ground-sharing agreement with T&M before a communications plan had been put in place?

The Club has no obligation to consult its supporters. The Supporters' Club has no obligation to consult its members, But it might be better for all concerned if they did. (I assume the Club did not consult its own Supporters' Club.)

rex

reply to this article | return to the front page

7 people like this 7 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

Re: Communication

By WorcesterK30/12/2021 15:35Thu Dec 30 15:35:03 2021In response to CommunicationTop of thread

Views: 480

It's been a bit messy.

I've just watched Hayden's interview which was encouraging, and he trailed that an interview with Mark will be released tomorrow morning and that there will be at least one more announcement in the coming months. To me that is encouraging, but really the announcement should have been accompanied by the interviews. This might have allayed a lot of the anger and the fears. I hope the club finally learns a lesson, but history suggests otherwise.

Interesting that Hayden didn't know about Tooting until just before Christmas, which I find odd. More evidence of poor comms. He did say that he had a long meeting and is now fully behind the move. There really are limited options, with Tooting being the best viable option for allowing us to play in either the Isthmian prem or National South next year. He estimated that getting KGF up to National South spec would be c. £60-80k, and with no long term future there it's not worth spending that kind of money.

I hope that Mark's interview with Jamie and Hayden tomorrow answers lots of the questions, and maybe even an apology for how this was announced (although I'm not hopeful on that one). Some kind of fan consultation would be good, but at the end of the day the directors do own the club and they have no obligation to do so - remember we voted to not have a say a few years back in that (admittedly farcical) fan ownership vote. The prospect of more than one announcement suggests that there may finally be movement on some land, and I do expect there will be some consultation if and when there is a planning stage.

I still believe. At least until tomorrow morning when I reserve the right to go back on anything I've said above after watching the interview with Mark.

Come on you Ks.

4 people like this 4 people   

By jon tolley30/12/2021 20:49Thu Dec 30 20:49:35 2021In response to Re: CommunicationTop of thread

Views: 352

I rate and trust Ando

I find it interesting that people talk of national league south like it’s likely (it’s hopeful at best) or that it’s super important

Like, at a very really extreme level we’ve seen from neighbours how moving a distance and maintaining a league place is the wrong priority. i don’t think Tooting is too far. but there’s somewhere that is (for me it would be dulwich) and we need to acknowledge that while few people will stop going entirely it’s a reason some / many will go to fewer games in a season. I’m definitely someone who will go to less games. altho I’ll enjoy them more than at Casials. If it was a promotion based move that would make more sense for some

some value location above all. some (me) would prefer to drop leagues if it meant to stay in Kingston. some think tooting is a good stop gap till we build in the Borough. some think that’s never gonna happen

and there’s no concensus

we wanted the directors to run it. and that’s kinda where we are
there’s surely reasons why it couldn’t be told until the point it was and I’m sure part of what Ando will say is that he knows that’s annoying too

so yeh. fans should be able to communicate their desires. but fans won’t see all the parts of this, and like it or not the directors aren’t here to enact a majority view, even if there was one

11 people like this 11 people   

By reximus30/12/2021 15:46Thu Dec 30 15:46:04 2021In response to Re: CommunicationTop of thread

Views: 453

remember we voted to not have a say a few years back in that (admittedly farcical) fan ownership vote

Yes and no. More pertinently I think, we voted not to buy a pig in a poke - we voted not to take communal ownership of a Club with a very uncertain future. I don't think that's the same as not wanting a say. But perhaps I'm splitting hairs.

When our long term future is sorted out, perhaps we could ask the Directors to return to the question of ownership - and there are a number of community ownership (or, at the least, community involvement) models to choose from. Until then, as others have pointed out, we owe them huge thanks for keeping Ks afloat.

rex

3 people like this 3 people   

By Mike (The.Cat)30/12/2021 15:41Thu Dec 30 15:41:22 2021In response to Re: CommunicationTop of thread

Views: 432

There’s not a lot you can disagree with there

I certainly can’t

By Iang30/12/2021 15:44Thu Dec 30 15:44:49 2021In response to Re: CommunicationTop of thread

Views: 441

You'll have your sleep and your Ks yet Mike

2 people like this 2 people   

By Mike (The.Cat)30/12/2021 16:25Thu Dec 30 16:25:39 2021In response to Re: CommunicationTop of thread

Views: 437

Apparently you can’t post emojis - so I can’t show you red/white hearts ♥️

(Edit - just a red one)

Edited by The.Cat at 16:26:29 on 30th December 2021
Edited by The.Cat at 16:27:23 on 30th December 2021

1 person likes this 1 person   

Previous thread: KTV: A festive review with Hayden Bird by www.kingstonian.com30/12/2021 14:03Thu Dec 30 14:03:07 2021view thread