The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Isthmian League - Premier Division results by IangYesterday 12:51Yesterday at 12:51:54view thread

Oldest article: Isthmian League - Premier Division result by Football Web Pages12/9/2021 16:54Sun Sep 12 16:54:04 2021view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Away to Cray Wanderers in the FA Youth Cup by www.kingstonian.com30/9 13:39Fri Sep 30 13:39:01 2022view thread

Sheerwater now not Sutton in the Surrey Senior cup

By KsOllie4/1 15:09Tue Jan 4 15:09:50 2022

Views: 4572

Sutton United have been kicked out of the Surrey Senior Cup for fielding ineligible player. Well that’s embarrassing

Sutton United statement below for those interested
We are sorry to report that we have been removed from this season's Surrey Senior Cup having fielded an ineligible player in the 1-0 win against Sheerwater a fortnight ago.

Unfortunately goalkeeper Filip Chalupniczak, one of several players who were not scheduled to play in the game until news broke the previous day of the postponement of the Boxing Day game at Bristol Rovers, had already played in the competition during his loan spell at Tooting & Mitcham, and therefore was not eligible to play for us.

On realising the error we reported the matter to the Surrey FA ourselves, and their decision is that we should be removed from this season's competition and Sheerwater will go on to play Kingstonian in the second round. We wish them well, and apologise to our players and supporters for the disappointment this oversight will cause.

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person dislikes this 1 person

Re: Sheerwater now not Sutton in the Surrey Senior cup

By MC4/1 15:51Tue Jan 4 15:51:10 2022In response to Sheerwater now not Sutton in the Surrey Senior cupTop of thread

Views: 2193

Sutton would have been fun but I"m happy enough with more chance of progressing to the next round.

Let's switch the tie to Sheerwater, a new ground for a lot of us I'm sure and we're all bored of KGF.

8 people like this 8 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By MC12/1 16:27Wed Jan 12 16:27:33 2022In response to Re: Sheerwater now not Sutton in the Surrey Senior cupTop of thread

Views: 1861

https://www.kingstonian.com/news/sheerwater-match-re-arranged/2777

ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ

By old and grey4/1 17:56Tue Jan 4 17:56:31 2022In response to Re: Sheerwater now not Sutton in the Surrey Senior cupTop of thread

Views: 2078

I go along with that switching the tie
seems a very good idea.
Our attendance for the game would fall
under 200 so let them host us.

4 people like this 4 people   

By KsOllie4/1 18:01Tue Jan 4 18:01:27 2022In response to Re: Sheerwater now not Sutton in the Surrey Senior cupTop of thread

Views: 2098

Agreed, Hopefully we can do this

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By reximus4/1 18:04Tue Jan 4 18:04:06 2022In response to Re: Sheerwater now not Sutton in the Surrey Senior cupTop of thread

Views: 2100

Ks fans: waaaah, don't wanna play outside of Kingston
Also Ks fans: let's change a home game to an away game

rex

9 people like this 9 people   5 people dislike this 5 people

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)4/1 20:35Tue Jan 4 20:35:26 2022In response to Re: Sheerwater now not Sutton in the Surrey Senior cupTop of thread

Views: 2111

Your right Rex you cant switch games just like that but understand the fans continued frustation at this hole we have to call home at the moment.
Cant even get a drink now unless its out of a can and even when you can its stuck in a plastic reseptical.Leatherhead showed a better effort even with all the problems they have at the moment.
Sheerwater would be new and very interesting and they may even could be welcoming but hey ho.

1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Senior (BE)29/9 18:16Thu Sep 29 18:16:50 2022In response to Re: Sheerwater now not Sutton in the Surrey Senior cupTop of thread

Views: 346

Hole? What a laugh are you stupid T&M is far better then KGF and it is mandatory that alcohol must be served in a plastic container for pitch side drinking at all Isthmian clubs.

By reximus5/1 09:51Wed Jan 5 09:51:45 2022In response to Re: Sheerwater now not Sutton in the Surrey Senior cupTop of thread

Views: 1968

Yup, entirely agree with the points made by you & others above, and I'd be happy to see the game switched to a new/different venue - I was just having a laugh at the irony of the situation :-)

rex

Edited by reximus at 09:52:07 on 5th January 2022

2 people like this 2 people   

By supahoops75/1 10:49Wed Jan 5 10:49:45 2022In response to Re: Sheerwater now not Sutton in the Surrey Senior cupTop of thread

Views: 1932

Looked Sheerwater up yesterday. They have a newish, tidy,
compact little ground with a plastic pitch.
I'm sure they wouldn't mind a visit from us.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Peter Borrett5/1 11:03Wed Jan 5 11:03:55 2022In response to Re: Sheerwater now not Sutton in the Surrey Senior cupTop of thread

Views: 1942

In the late seventies Malden Vale played Sheerwater in a Sunday Cup semi final. 100 plus crowd at the Kingston Road Rec. remember it well be cause when I came on as substitute it was nine a side match finished 0-0. Referee report resulted in replayed match at Chertsey Town behind closed doors which Vale won 10-0.

3 people like this 3 people   

By supahoops75/1 11:19Wed Jan 5 11:19:34 2022In response to Re: Sheerwater now not Sutton in the Surrey Senior cupTop of thread

Views: 1984

My brother played for Clarion in the early seventies.
Their home pitch was at Kingston road rec.
Big local rivalry with Malden Vale then as I remember.

By Peter Borrett5/1 11:25Wed Jan 5 11:25:59 2022In response to Re: Sheerwater now not Sutton in the Surrey Senior cupTop of thread

Views: 1918

I think Clarion were rivals on Saturdays in the Surrey Combination. I don’t know why the game I mentioned was at the Kingston Road Rec as our home games were at Beverley Park. On Sundays it was the South Tameside League Premier and first (for reserves). Another prominent side in those days on Sunday mornings was Searchlight.

By supahoops75/1 12:17Wed Jan 5 12:17:18 2022In response to Re: Sheerwater now not Sutton in the Surrey Senior cupTop of thread

Views: 1897

Thats right Peter, many of the boys who played for Clarion
on Saturday would turn out for Searchlight on Sundays.
I had a couple games for Searchlight and played alongside my brother for other clubs in the Surrey combination league.
Much of my childhood was spent in Kingston rd rec as I lived close by. I remember watching the likes of Kingston Royals, Malden Vale, Clarion and Searchlight, all clubs with a wealth of local talent that produced one or two players for Ks.
Ernie Steward, Ian Rae, Jim Baptie.
Its somewhat ironic that I've watched Kingsmeadow developed
on the site of the old Norbiton sports ground, watched my beloved Ks there in arguably the most successful time in their history and come August, we'll be in Tooting.
As a local boy to Kingston and Cambridge roads, its heartbreaking to drive by and glance at a 'monstruous blue mass'.

By Peter Borrett5/1 13:19Wed Jan 5 13:19:19 2022In response to Re: Sheerwater now not Sutton in the Surrey Senior cupTop of thread

Views: 1886

I can add Trevor Pearce and John Martin as both played for Vale and Kingstonian. John had a testimonial about thirty years ago against Brentford.I don’t live in Kingston anymore so maybe surprised by how it is changing. The president of Malden Vale was John Sladden publican of the Cambridge arms , one of the many pubs that have disappeared.

By Berkshire Hoops5/1 16:54Wed Jan 5 16:54:17 2022In response to Re: Sheerwater now not Sutton in the Surrey Senior cupTop of thread

Views: 1839

I knew the Sladdens very well. I went to school with their son Peter when we both lived in George Road , New Malden.

Keith.

Why worry, be happy.

By supahoops75/1 17:02Wed Jan 5 17:02:35 2022In response to Re: Sheerwater now not Sutton in the Surrey Senior cupTop of thread

Views: 1829

John was a very accomodating and patient landlord in
the 'arms'. I spent a few too many late nights in there in
my footballing days.

By supahoops75/1 13:34Wed Jan 5 13:34:45 2022In response to Re: Sheerwater now not Sutton in the Surrey Senior cupTop of thread

Views: 1876

I forgot Trevor and John!
Yes, The Prince of Wales and the Cambridge arms were both
very busy post match pubs on a Saturday and Sunday in those days. There isn't a single pub left between Norbiton Church and the fountain now. I'm remembering Malden Vale being founder
members/partners in the creation of the present Raynes Park Vale, if I am correct?.
Thanks for jogging the old memories of happier days!

By Peter Borrett5/1 20:06Wed Jan 5 20:06:53 2022In response to Re: Sheerwater now not Sutton in the Surrey Senior cupTop of thread

Views: 1881

Yes, they did merge with Rayners Park. Other Kingstonian connections with Malden Vale was Cyril Clements (played for Ks late forties early fifties) and Bill Mcnully both as managers. The referee at the Sheerwater game I mention was the excellent Mike Jermy who I thinnk played for Ks reserves around 1960.

By AllyC1328/9 21:07Wed Sep 28 21:07:52 2022In response to Re: Sheerwater now not Sutton in the Surrey Senior cupTop of thread

Views: 479

Cyril Clements was my Grandad and his father in law, my Great Great Granddad, William Warman was also linked with 'Ks'. There was a wreath from Kingstonian at Cyril's funeral in 2001.

FOR AllyC13

By tim (36southlanenewmalden)29/9 13:48Thu Sep 29 13:48:09 2022In response to Re: Sheerwater now not Sutton in the Surrey Senior cupTop of thread

Views: 357

your grandad played between 1946 AND 1954 making 130 appearences and scoring 45 goals , and NO i do not remember him

Edited by 36southlanenewmalden at 14:00:52 on 29th September 2022

By Peter Borrett28/9 21:52Wed Sep 28 21:52:41 2022In response to Re: Sheerwater now not Sutton in the Surrey Senior cupTop of thread

Views: 516

You maybe interested to go into the main website. Club info-history-archives where there are programmes from 1919 to 1962 plus photos.

By MC5/1 10:58Wed Jan 5 10:58:16 2022In response to Re: Sheerwater now not Sutton in the Surrey Senior cupTop of thread

Views: 1942

and a direct train (and 20min walk) from Surbiton. Sounds ideal to me. Protect the KGF pitch for our landlords!

Previous thread: FOR AllyC13 by tim29/9 14:02Thu Sep 29 14:02:30 2022view thread