The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Kershaney by KingtingToday 11:46Today at 11:46:48view thread

Oldest article: John Bangs OBE by www.kingstonian.com1/1/2021 18:41Fri Jan 1 18:41:12 2021view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Last Night by Senior18/5 11:50Wed May 18 11:50:15 2022view thread

Nyren Clunis - Ks footballer of the year

By KsOllie15/5 17:13Sun May 15 17:13:17 2022

Views: 1666

Normally we have a player of the year but this year there’s is one though there is a Ks footballer of the year- Nyren Clunis

How I know this, he’s posted this on his social media account. A bizarre way to announce it but hey

Congratulations Nyren

reply to this article | return to the front page

3 people like this 3 people   

Re: Nyren Clunis - Ks footballer of the year

By Filipo15/5 18:11Sun May 15 18:11:15 2022In response to Nyren Clunis - Ks footballer of the yearTop of thread

Views: 1042

Thanks for announcing this Ollie-yes the right choice for player of the year as previously discussed.

What is concerning is the fact there was no end of season awards ceremony this year nor a vote for the supporters player of the year. Both are things that have happened every season I’ve been coming to Ks.

Yet another two fingers up to the fans!

8 people like this 8 people   3 people dislike this 3 people

By KsOllie15/5 18:46Sun May 15 18:46:35 2022In response to Re: Nyren Clunis - Ks footballer of the yearTop of thread

Views: 1019

Thanks for announcing this Ollie-yes the right choice for player of the year as previously discussed.

What is concerning is the fact there was no end of season awards ceremony this year nor a vote for the supporters player of the year. Both are things that have happened every season I’ve been coming to Ks.

Yet another two fingers up to the fans!

Well said

Would guess some others awards were handed out, Shame some of us weren’t there to see the awards hand out. Can someone enlighten us on who won what please?

Be intrigued to know what Hayden, the boards & supporters club said at the end of the season awards.

Edited by KsOllie at 18:51:08 on 15th May 2022

By LiamKs16/5 08:27Mon May 16 08:27:28 2022In response to Re: Nyren Clunis - Ks footballer of the yearTop of thread

Views: 949

Supporters who have long felt forgotten just wonder to what depths the hierachy in our much loved club are sinking to.
No end of season social in fact nothing social and now not even a supporters end of season presentation.This is disgracefull if not surprising.
We have nothing but contempt for all at Casuals but in our territory,Kingston,we have many pubs clubs and bars who would be delighted I am sure to host a simple event for us.
Where is the Supporters Club who should be organising this

6 people like this 6 people   3 people dislike this 3 people

By KsOllie16/5 09:01Mon May 16 09:01:19 2022In response to Re: Nyren Clunis - Ks footballer of the yearTop of thread

Views: 939

Supporters who have long felt forgotten just wonder to what depths the hierachy in our much loved club are sinking to.
No end of season social in fact nothing social and now not even a supporters end of season presentation.This is disgracefull if not surprising.
We have nothing but contempt for all at Casuals but in our territory,Kingston,we have many pubs clubs and bars who would be delighted I am sure to host a simple event for us.
Where is the Supporters Club who should be organising this

I know Hayden said in his interview about doing something at tooting but realistically it’ll be in July & when people will be on holiday. Most people don’t really give a damm about pre season friendly. It’s a shame everyone weren’t there but hey.

See you all tomorrow
& thanks for the dislikes - though sharing a pre season friendly with everyone warranting a dis like seems odd. I know our season isn’t over, so we’re not going to get pre season news. I’m just helping people can plan/add it to calendars.

Edited by KsOllie at 09:07:42 on 16th May 2022

2 people like this 2 people   3 people dislike this 3 people

By Filipo16/5 10:04Mon May 16 10:04:35 2022In response to Re: Nyren Clunis - Ks footballer of the yearTop of thread

Views: 924

It’s funny Hayden saying we need your support more than ever in the same interview where he’s talked about a closed player of the season session.

An open session would have given him the opportunity to make this plea directly to the fan base.

Is the supporters club now just a travel club?

8 people like this 8 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)16/5 15:22Mon May 16 15:22:21 2022In response to Re: Nyren Clunis - Ks footballer of the yearTop of thread

Views: 877

The answer Filipo seems yes or certainly seems a travel club is to what we conclude.
Sadness for those who remember the days when we had so much in the way of entertainment making life so much better.

2 people like this 2 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By Peter Borrett16/5 15:47Mon May 16 15:47:03 2022In response to Re: Nyren Clunis - Ks footballer of the yearTop of thread

Views: 895

I understand the disappointment with regards to no end of season social which has happened in previous seasons.Just recently there was a race night and the supporters club have been involved increasingly in the community. So not just a travel club.

There is always room for more volunteers especially if there are obvious gaps but I won’t be holding my breath .

Yes, let’s voice our disappointment but I hope it’s not an excuse to ‘run down ‘ the club by people who maybe don’t belong to the supporters club , or attend the agm , or volunteer.

Let’s keep this in perspective

4 people like this 4 people   

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)16/5 17:50Mon May 16 17:50:05 2022In response to Re: Nyren Clunis - Ks footballer of the yearTop of thread

Views: 838

Wasnt sure we had an AGM to attend,Lawrence,not sure either a race night means we are back in a members night or Supporters night situation.
Things change and see where we go in our new home.

1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Peter Borrett16/5 18:08Mon May 16 18:08:51 2022In response to Re: Nyren Clunis - Ks footballer of the yearTop of thread

Views: 840

Just to avoid confusion. The Race night was organised by the supporters club , open to all supporters to attend. In the notification it states it was the first organised event able to occur since covid lockdown. The supporters club agm occurs every year normally beginning of August. . OSK , if you are a supporters club member then expect notification of agm June/July.

2 people like this 2 people   

By LiamKs17/5 06:30Tue May 17 06:30:28 2022In response to Re: Nyren Clunis - Ks footballer of the yearTop of thread

Views: 787

Thanks for the clarification Peter although it's worth pointing out that Covid restrictions started to ease back into last year so the reason for a one off quiz night and no end of season social for player of the year doesnt rearly get accepted.
As much as anybody I realise how difficult it is to get the right people in place to organise anything these days but your name is well respected as is the hard working and much loved John Bangs.
Also we do realise these events cannot be staged in the Casuals shed for all the usual reasons like not wanting us anyway.
Thanks to those who work so hard like yourself Peter to JB and Rosie their being another unsung hero.

By Peter Borrett17/5 08:07Tue May 17 08:07:36 2022In response to Re: Nyren Clunis - Ks footballer of the yearTop of thread

Views: 794

Thank you Liam. Just to clarify I do not contribute to any volunteering these days mainly as I do not live in or near Kingston anymore but many years ago, in the time of Colin Deadman, I was on the supporters club committee. Like me there are likely others not in a position to contribute but whose views are important to put across. Not only on the forum but have a chat with supporters club committee members at matches.

Having said I don’t do anything I am looking into whether a foot golf event is feasible. Instead of golf clubs etc it’s a course kicking a ball into a hole. Once I have located a couple of potential venues will put forward to the supporters club and Hayden. May have 3 or 4 teams with the supporters providing one, Hayden another etc.

Social events are important and hopefully next season will provide better circumstances.

6 people like this 6 people   

By KsOllie16/5 16:15Mon May 16 16:15:46 2022In response to Re: Nyren Clunis - Ks footballer of the yearTop of thread

Views: 860

I understand the disappointment with regards to no end of season social which has happened in previous seasons.Just recently there was a race night and the supporters club have been involved increasingly in the community. So not just a travel club.

There is always room for more volunteers especially if there are obvious gaps but I won’t be holding my breath .

Yes, let’s voice our disappointment but I hope it’s not an excuse to ‘run down ‘ the club by people who maybe don’t belong to the supporters club , or attend the agm , or volunteer.

Let’s keep this in perspective

No one going after the volunteer, we’re grateful for them & the same with the supporters club. We’re just a pissed that the was a prize giving was attended by a select few were there. I knew Hayden wanted to do something before the cup final but I’d thought it was for all. Clearly it was for 12th man winners only. Maybe I should of done the 12th man scheme as well, though with prices rises on things might of not done 59 /61 Ks games this season.

Guess the damage is done anyway
See you tomorrow
Thanks for the dislikes

Edited by KsOllie at 16:25:17 on 16th May 2022

3 people like this 3 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By Paddy (Paddy1)16/5 09:18Mon May 16 09:18:23 2022In response to Re: Nyren Clunis - Ks footballer of the yearTop of thread

Views: 914

"& thanks for the dislikes - though sharing a pre season friendly with everyone warranting a dis like seems odd."

Once you've drawn the disdain of some around these parts of the Interweb they'd still thumb you down if you discovered the cure to cancer just because once upon a time you said something entirely reasonable that they disagreed with. Just switch them off mate, job done.

2 people like this 2 people   3 people dislike this 3 people

By MC16/5 12:43Mon May 16 12:43:09 2022In response to Re: Nyren Clunis - Ks footballer of the yearTop of thread

Views: 893

Does seem a bit weird not to have a public vote / evening.

But well done to Clunis who deserves the award. Gus also worth a mention too.

By KsOllie16/5 19:03Mon May 16 19:03:41 2022In response to Re: Nyren Clunis - Ks footballer of the yearTop of thread

Views: 830

Does seem a bit weird not to have a public vote / evening.

But well done to Clunis who deserves the award. Gus also worth a mention too.

Hayden did say on the last zoom call (good Friday) that they wasn’t going to be a fans vote. Can’t remember the reason why. Though did say they’ll be a get to get together before the cup final which would be watching training before drinks at woodys

By Fol-De-Rol16/5 19:34Mon May 16 19:34:26 2022In response to Re: Nyren Clunis - Ks footballer of the yearTop of thread

Views: 841

Playing "devil's advocate" for a tick...

Without a clubhouse (or ground) there is the matter of having to hire somewhere suitable to hold an end of season piss-up.

Decent venues are usually booked a few months in advance. Maybe the Board didn't fancy spending cash on hiring a place at a time when there was still a chance of another Covid lockdown. Maybe later enquiries revealed no suitable venue was available at shortish notice for a weekend evening in the fortnight following the season's end.

Just sayin'.

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)16/5 22:07Mon May 16 22:07:37 2022In response to Re: Nyren Clunis - Ks footballer of the yearTop of thread

Views: 823

No venue not true
Expensive venue not true
Not bothered didnt ask more likely

1 person likes this 1 person   3 people dislike this 3 people

Previous thread: NEW MANAGER by tim16/5 19:52Mon May 16 19:52:23 2022view thread