The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Kershaney by KingtingToday 11:46Today at 11:46:48view thread

Oldest article: John Bangs OBE by www.kingstonian.com1/1/2021 18:41Fri Jan 1 18:41:12 2021view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Kingston Beer Festival by LiamKs19/5 10:04Thu May 19 10:04:02 2022view thread

Tuesday's match v Dorking Wanderers

By www.kingstonian.com (fwpbot)16/5 12:00Mon May 16 12:00:33 2022

Views: 1478

Don't forget that on Tuesday evening, at 7.45pm, Kingstonian are away to Dorking Wanderers in the Surrey Senior Cup. See you there!

reply to this article | return to the front page

3 people like this 3 people   

Re: Tuesday's match v Dorking Wanderers

By MC18/5 08:32Wed May 18 08:32:54 2022In response to Tuesday's match v Dorking WanderersTop of thread

Views: 892

A performance that rather summed up the season as a whole - the first half went really well, the second I couldn't wait to be over...

But fair play to the lads. Three weeks without a game, away from home in a cup final (!), against a team pushing for promotion from the league above - even if not their strongest XI - and they held their own.

Kershaney was very good and the centre-backs, who haven't always looked that solid in recent months, played really well. I thought we lacked a bit of match sharpness in some situations going forward, but that was to be expected.

Only annoying thing for me was the introduction of Banton, who spent 15 minutes playing like he was trying to prove a point that he didn't want to be there. I thought he was a complete waste of time throughout his time with us, eternally trying things he wasn't capable of, but that was a complete piss-take of a performance and I trust he won't be anywhere near Kingstonian in the future.

Shoutout to Serine for saving two penalties. Assume we won't see him again but credit to him for his contribution this season.

Overall a good day out despite the result and a confidence-boosting away following ahead of our move to Tooting.

5 people like this 5 people   

By SDG (SDG (Ks))19/5 21:02Thu May 19 21:02:51 2022In response to Re: Tuesday's match v Dorking WanderersTop of thread

Views: 768

Agree it was a decent performance in difficult circumstances, I was worried we'd get battered and in the end gave a good account of ourselves and were quite unlucky.

I think I'll more remember the game though for a very good atmosphere from our travelling support, probably the best at a game since that miraculous first half at Dartford. Great to see some old faces and new. Almost constant noise from the fans and good to hear a lot of the old repertoire of songs.

It was a reminder of how good this club can be and why our future, precarious as it is, is important. Having more nights like that will be vital for holding the fabric of the club together and keeping people's spirits up while we face a difficult time in Mitcham. Despite the disappointment of losing on penalties I thought it was a good evening for the club.

11 people like this 11 people   

By K's196020/5 08:24Fri May 20 08:24:58 2022In response to Re: Tuesday's match v Dorking WanderersTop of thread

Views: 686

Says it all thanks

By Gary (gekins)18/5 09:17Wed May 18 09:17:36 2022In response to Re: Tuesday's match v Dorking WanderersTop of thread

Views: 867

Good summary.

Banton can do one. An utter disgrace.

5 people like this 5 people   

By Senior (BE)18/5 12:34Wed May 18 12:34:50 2022In response to Re: Tuesday's match v Dorking WanderersTop of thread

Views: 769

Banton has no ambition to play for us so why have him on the team sheet? Thought we gave a decent account of ourselves in the first half with a decent lot of support hopefully they will follow us to Imperial Fields.

2 people like this 2 people   

By BedfordshireK (BedfordshireK)17/5 10:10Tue May 17 10:10:14 2022In response to Tuesday's match v Dorking WanderersTop of thread

Views: 996

Unofficially, I'm led to believe that tickets will be available on the gate tonight.

By Senior (BE)17/5 12:15Tue May 17 12:15:00 2022In response to Re: Tuesday's match v Dorking WanderersTop of thread

Views: 946

I would not chance it. On Saturday for the play-off semi final against Oxford, all ticket match, no exceptions allowed. Fans being turned away for not having a printed ticket.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By David Crawt17/5 15:22Tue May 17 15:22:51 2022In response to Re: Tuesday's match v Dorking WanderersTop of thread

Views: 909

I haven't printed our tickets, they are on my phone.

Is that OK?

By Senior (BE)17/5 15:25Tue May 17 15:25:24 2022In response to Re: Tuesday's match v Dorking WanderersTop of thread

Views: 924

I far as I am aware that is fine.

By KsOllie17/5 10:20Tue May 17 10:20:17 2022In response to Re: Tuesday's match v Dorking WanderersTop of thread

Views: 934

Unofficially, I'm led to believe that tickets will be available on the gate tonight.

The more important question, are there physical copies of Programme

Re: Tuesday's match v Dorking Wanderers COYKs

By John Bangs17/5 05:38Tue May 17 05:38:03 2022In response to Tuesday's match v Dorking WanderersTop of thread

Views: 1000

See you there

3 people like this 3 people   

Re: Tuesday's match v Dorking Wanderers COYKs

By K's196017/5 07:10Tue May 17 07:10:58 2022In response to Re: Tuesday's match v Dorking Wanderers COYKsTop of thread

Views: 973

Come on you K's end the season with a win.

Previous thread: Jolly Boy's Outing by Senior19/5 08:29Thu May 19 08:29:03 2022view thread