The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Isthmian League - Premier Division result by Football Web PagesYesterday 16:04Yesterday at 16:04:34view thread

Oldest article: 15 years by Paddy12/5/2021 07:48Wed May 12 07:48:00 2021view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Kingstonian FC Appoint New First Team Manager by www.kingstonian.com7/6 14:12Tue Jun 7 14:12:57 2022view thread

What if...

By Iang7/6 06:59Tue Jun 7 06:59:00 2022

Views: 437

Hayden has gone for the right reasons for him ( black book manager etc) you only get a certain number of years as a coach, longer than a player but finite.

We get a new well proven manager , attracted by our name, history, youth system and most importantly his unemployment.

We go to imperial fields and buffeted by fed up Toots fans manage to put in 250 plus each game. Better facilities, food, bar and we enjoy it. Say come a fighting 6th or 7th with a new young team.

All this time Mark A and co are working clandestine miracles at Lovelace and pull it off , there or somewhere else in RBK.

I believe in some of this , maybe.

What if...

Or folk keep sniping away at the 4 or 5 folk trying to keep the club afloat, they walk and Ks are no more in 3 years...cos there ain't a millionaire savior out there for us

Tin hat on ...

reply to this article | return to the front page

2 people like this 2 people   5 people dislike this 5 people

Re: What if...

By Gary (gekins)7/6 08:59Tue Jun 7 08:59:33 2022In response to What if...Top of thread

Views: 324

The logical conclusion to this is that we allow the board to do whatever they want without any dissent whatsoever, even if it leads to the demise of the club, at which point we shrug our shoulders and say "they tried".

Not for me.

4 people like this 4 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By Iang7/6 12:37Tue Jun 7 12:37:58 2022In response to Re: What if...Top of thread

Views: 291

Not at all I tell em to their face if I think they have it wrong - and I feel isolated and disappointed and frankly terrified for the future - just allowed myself a public "what if "moment. Isnt that part of what a forum is for?

3 people like this 3 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By jon tolley7/6 08:23Tue Jun 7 08:23:04 2022In response to What if...Top of thread

Views: 324

like your optimism to a point but for me one of our main issues is not being realistic / pragmatic.

this might be a time for a reset. to think about what matters for the club on the next 2 / 5 / 20 years. and in each of those short / middle / long term scenarios, Lovelace will not be where we play

5 people like this 5 people   

By KsOllie7/6 09:06Tue Jun 7 09:06:47 2022In response to Re: What if...Top of thread

Views: 300

like your optimism to a point but for me one of our main issues is not being realistic / pragmatic.

this might be a time for a reset. to think about what matters for the club on the next 2 / 5 / 20 years. and in each of those short / middle / long term scenarios, Lovelace will not be where we play

Haven’t we had many resets or am I getting confused with English Cricket.
What matters is a HOME & if Lovelace ain’t it, then things look bleak. I know there’s big redevelopment plans in Kingston, with a increase of high rises. Look at the old post office, kingfisher (We’re becoming Croydon but with a royal borough). We need to make sure we part of the plan before groundhopping kills us eventually. Yes other teams have survived long periods but I don’t think we can

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)7/6 09:02Tue Jun 7 09:02:21 2022In response to Re: What if...Top of thread

Views: 295

Time for a reset indeed Mr Tolley and see where we go with a new coach and ground but sorry if not surprised it wont be Lovelace in a couple of years.Always seemed an unlikely place on many fronts although we would still remain in the borough

By LiamKs7/6 08:12Tue Jun 7 08:12:39 2022In response to What if...Top of thread

Views: 335

Really believe unusually in all of that Iang, it is again time to move on and there is much to look forward to with a new season not far away.
A new season is always exciting and full of hope and with a new decent looking ground and hopefully a new manager is reason to get behind the club once again.I do think the whole Casuals experience dragged us all down so with good will we may indeed reach 5 or 6 in the table.
Still reservations on some of the board but with a good Supporters Club with JB at the helm who knows just what we can achieve

2 people like this 2 people   

By Iang7/6 09:46Tue Jun 7 09:46:24 2022In response to Re: What if...Top of thread

Views: 264

It wasn't a plan or a pro-board infomercial just misty eyed conjecture.

I'd get an extra train or tram not to sit in that Casuals toilet or eat a cold chip again ( good band).

1 person likes this 1 person   

By MC7/6 14:04Tue Jun 7 14:04:19 2022In response to Re: What if...Top of thread

Views: 281

Maybe I'm completely wrong here, but I think the quality of the bar / food at a ground probably matters - to Ks fans as a whole, and in terms of attendance - about 2% as much as the location.

Great if Tooting has good food etc, but seems like a bonus rather than an actual reason to go...

2 people like this 2 people   

By SDG (SDG (Ks))7/6 16:28Tue Jun 7 16:28:30 2022In response to Re: What if...Top of thread

Views: 246

I agree entirely. The overall matchday experience is important and I'm sure there will be some ways in which IF is an improvement on KGF. But no way are they going to cancel out the effect on my matchday experience of all that extra time stuck in traffic or on train platforms. And to be honest takeaway food is just an unnecessary cost on top of £12 entry and soaring petrol and (from January) train prices.

Leatherhead also had nice food and was a five minute walk from one of the best pubs in Surrey, with a great landlord who used to go to Ks back in the day and loves to talk about us. Our average crowd was 242.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Kingting (Ksuals)7/6 07:59Tue Jun 7 07:59:08 2022In response to What if...Top of thread

Views: 331

The last paragraph hits the nail on the head Ian.

Ksuals

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Filipo7/6 09:42Tue Jun 7 09:42:31 2022In response to Re: What if...Top of thread

Views: 255

We can only go on the facts of what we do know and not obsess about some fantasy.

We are moving out of the Borough to Tooting. We have little hope of getting a ground in the Borough of Kingston.

It is absolutely right that our remaining fans raise their concerns because they are worried about the future of the club.

The brown nosing of the board needs to stop!

1 person likes this 1 person   2 people dislike this 2 people

Previous thread: One, two, Lee O'Leary by Football Web Pages7/6 16:09Tue Jun 7 16:09:02 2022view thread