The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Kit Sponsorship 2022/23 by Suom YnonaYesterday 21:46Yesterday at 21:46:20view thread

Oldest article: K's Return for Lamont by Football Web Pages27/5/2021 09:27Thu May 27 09:27:53 2021view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Elliott Buchanan has left Farnborough by Peter Borrett9/6 17:14Thu Jun 9 17:14:52 2022view thread

New home

By Senior (BE)8/6 08:42Wed Jun 8 08:42:58 2022

Views: 1408

Has anybody investigated the ground at Chalky Lane opposite CWA and adjacent to Barwell Business Park. Home to Chessington & Hook FC. Just a thought and worth a look,

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person   

Re: New home

By Generic_K8/6 17:23Wed Jun 8 17:23:01 2022In response to New homeTop of thread

Views: 913

The search for a home ground is -*without doubt*- the most important issue this club faces. Managers/playing budget/squad update/pre-season friendlies are all trifling in comparison. I really hope the board are being proactive and following up on any and all possibilities in the borough. I cannot get excited about the impending season with the very future of the club being in such a perilous state.

6 people like this 6 people   

By KsOllie8/6 17:50Wed Jun 8 17:50:58 2022In response to Re: New homeTop of thread

Views: 853

The search for a home ground is -*without doubt*- the most important issue this club faces. Managers/playing budget/squad update/pre-season friendlies are all trifling in comparison. I really hope the board are being proactive and following up on any and all possibilities in the borough. I cannot get excited about the impending season with the very future of the club being in such a perilous state.

All hopes of Ks future lies on the Lib Tories & at the moment there’s a faint hope of a positive news. Hopefully I’m wrong but considering we’ve been moved of 2 meeting agendas, it’s impossible to be positive.

Can’t sugar coat it at all & I'm a positivish person at Ks (sometimes)

Edited by KsOllie at 17:53:09 on 8th June 2022

By Paddy (Paddy1)8/6 15:06Wed Jun 8 15:06:45 2022In response to New homeTop of thread

Views: 924

There is some kind of development already agreed in those parts. A friend who lives locally recieved a letter from the council a year or so ago to inform him. At the time we got excited thinking it might have had something to do with K's.

Good times... I miss those days of irrational hope. Much more fun than the replacement feeling of existential dread.

By Kingting (Ksuals)8/6 10:35Wed Jun 8 10:35:50 2022In response to New homeTop of thread

Views: 975

Like you others have posted that thought.
As to if any one has taken it further maybe you'll get an answer or maybe not.

Ksuals

By Nick Garland8/6 16:31Wed Jun 8 16:31:23 2022In response to Re: New homeTop of thread

Views: 860

If there had been an approach that was unsuccessful for whatever reason, we probably wouldn’t know for reasons of commercial confidentiality. But If there hasn’t there are probably worse ideas than approaching Chessington & Hook United to see if they’d be open to a partnership with the prospect of a £750k investment in Chalky Lane.

By supahoops78/6 18:34Wed Jun 8 18:34:50 2022In response to Re: New homeTop of thread

Views: 818

When Mr Anderson revealed the location of the
proposed new ground site, he stated that at least
one other local football club would come in and
share the new facilities. Right or wrong, given the
location, I assume that club would be Chessington &
Hook Utd. I don't know if they own or lease Chalky lane
and apologies to them if they think my comments are
a little presumptious. Many supporters have suggested some
really useful and viable alternatives to Lovelace rec for a
proposed new site, one of which is the Kingston University
sports facility at Old Kingston rd, Tolworth.
I'm sure the Uni would welcome the addition of a 'small' football
stadium attached to their leisure facilities at Tolworth, complete
with 3/4G pitch and additional training pitches.
This set up is working well for Walton & H at the excel centre
in Elmbridge and is there for all to see. With 750k plus the possibility of grants, we need a partner. Kingston University could be that partner.

By John Bangs8/6 18:49Wed Jun 8 18:49:43 2022In response to Re: New homeTop of thread

Views: 852

Chessington & Hook have their own ground and are therefore not involved.

It is up to the other team in question to identify themselves if they wish. If the Council were to give the go ahead to the proposals, any partners involved will become a matter of public record.

The Club are currently also in discussions with three other locations and as Mark has indicated, will update fans when there is something further to report of a specific nature.

3 people like this 3 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By jon tolley8/6 21:15Wed Jun 8 21:15:48 2022In response to Re: New homeTop of thread

Views: 787

the Supporters Club voice and the Club voice seem very similar

3 people like this 3 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By John Bangs8/6 21:59Wed Jun 8 21:59:05 2022In response to Re: New homeTop of thread

Views: 801

Hi Jon

Posts from me on the forum are simply my own opinions; as is the case for all individual participants.

Statements from the Supporters Club are posted on the Supporters Club webpages or social media.

Edited by John Bangs at 07:22:06 on 9th June 2022
Edited by John Bangs at 09:20:09 on 10th June 2022

3 people like this 3 people   3 people dislike this 3 people

By Filipo10/6 10:26Fri Jun 10 10:26:53 2022In response to Re: New homeTop of thread

Views: 549

the Supporters Club voice and the Club voice seem very similar

I’ve amended it for everyone

The Supporters Club voice, John’s voice and the Club voice seem very similar

By reximus8/6 18:41Wed Jun 8 18:41:06 2022In response to Re: New homeTop of thread

Views: 825

Another vote from me for Goals at Towlorth.

Probably the closest we're going to get to Kingston (exc the Athletics Stadium, obvs), easily accessible by bus from the town and from everywhere else by road or rail. Utilities and infrastructure already in place.

Plus all the benefits that would accrue from a relationship with the Uni.

rex

By John Bangs8/6 20:08Wed Jun 8 20:08:53 2022In response to Re: New homeTop of thread

Views: 806

This would certainly have been a good option. Unfortunately, the Club had explored this option and appeared close to an agreement when the owners changed their minds and pulled out of the deal.

By reximus8/6 20:46Wed Jun 8 20:46:21 2022In response to Re: New homeTop of thread

Views: 780

Gosh, this is the first we've heard of such details, I think?

New owners or previous owners, John? Following a management buyout, the time could be perfect for another approach.

rex

By John Bangs8/6 21:47Wed Jun 8 21:47:21 2022In response to Re: New homeTop of thread

Views: 756

I think some detail of this was referenced in one of Mark’s interviews. It was with the private equity firm - so it absolutely may be worth asking the question. Good shout. I’ll check with Mark wether the Club know of this.

By SDG (SDG (Ks))8/6 22:28Wed Jun 8 22:28:41 2022In response to Re: New homeTop of thread

Views: 810

Mark talked about it at https://www.kingstonian.com/news/an-update-from-mark-anderson/2504 though he didn’t name the site. It would be a good site but the obvious problem is that if we have to spend a large chunk of our money on buying land on the private market, not much would be left to actually build with.

It’s good we’re now talking to three other sites. Some good suggestions on this thread, hopefully we’re approaching people with the same idea that was in the pipeline with Casuals, a deal based on us investing in improving an existing site. The more infrastructure that’s already in place the better our chance both financially and with planning.

By Kingting (Ksuals)9/6 09:27Thu Jun 9 09:27:31 2022In response to Re: New homeTop of thread

Views: 671

Where I've moved to the local non league ( promoted to Isthmian for first time) play at a private Sportsfield shared with cricket, tennis,stooball and croquet teams.
Lots of children training and playing matches of football and cricket throughout the year.
No plastic pitch either.
I'm sure the board have looked into something along these lines as there are probably still a good few such sportsfields in the borough.
Would not rely on council resources,but the snag the money Ks have to build might limit their ability to climb the greasy poll of the pyramid,which seems to matter quite a lot to some supporters.

Ksuals

By Taimour (WeHateWombles)8/6 20:21Wed Jun 8 20:21:18 2022In response to Re: New homeTop of thread

Views: 831

Interestingly: https://news.sky.com/story/inflexion-blows-final-whistle-with-sale-of-goals-soccer-centres-12628299?dcmp=snt-sf-twitter

By Generic_K8/6 21:45Wed Jun 8 21:45:39 2022In response to Re: New homeTop of thread

Views: 755

If the ownership has changed, this is the perfect opportunity to re-engage

By Senior (BE)8/6 11:02Wed Jun 8 11:02:55 2022In response to Re: New homeTop of thread

Views: 970

Another prospect is the Kingston Rugby Ground at Hook. Artificial pitch and both clubs can play!

4 people like this 4 people   

Previous thread: R.I.P Walton Casuals by KsOllie9/6 18:29Thu Jun 9 18:29:44 2022view thread