The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: LEAGUE FIXTURES by berliozYesterday 17:44Yesterday at 17:44:07view thread

Oldest article: Hastings United match report by www.kingstonian.com17/2/2023 10:56Fri Feb 17 10:56:50 2023view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Cray Wanderers 2-0 Kingstonian by www.kingstonian.com15/4/2023 21:01Sat Apr 15 21:01:50 2023view thread

The Supporter’s ‘Club’

By Filipo12/4/2023 11:01Wed Apr 12 11:01:12 2023

Views: 1386

I’m concerned by the position of the supporter’s club in recent weeks.

It leads me to question what the role of the supporter’s club is as it certainly does not appear that they have the club’s best interests at heart.

Individuals have openly scrutinised and in my view been critical of the KBH bid; a bid to give us hope and a future. Those same individuals have also failed to give any scrutiny to the new director, the appointment of which has been rightly scrutinised by the fan base.

Do we also have to question the impartiality of the supporters club given the clear link between those in committee positions and one of the directors who to most fans is clearly the problem?

For me the three main areas that need to be discussed are:
1. Why did the supporters club not challenge the catastrophic move to Mitcham?

2. Why are the supporters club not challenging the board about the state of the clubs finances? We have seen how badly the club have struggled this season, we are constantly fed the lines about cutting our cloth accordingly and budget cuts. This at the same time as no marketing or sponsorship ideas and failure to disclose the clubs finances to a serious and credible bid. What money is actually going to pay for this so called new ground that we are going to no doubt have another 6 years worth of meetings about?

3. Why are the supporters club not pushing for fan ownership which in the long term the KBH bid will allow for? Following the 2016 vote, the club stated they would re-visit this idea again. When you’ve got a solid group of professionals(who have my full backing) pushing for this change, you should be completely supporting this!

Take this whatever way you want; criticism/advice/discussion points. The bigger picture in what has to come first is the future of the club for me-I care more about that than a few bruised egos.

We can only go on the facts and what we see directly is the current destruction of our football club in front of us.

Let me make it clear regarding that pathetic board statement yesterday, you might state that the matter is now closed, but for us it has only just opened!

reply to this article | return to the front page

13 people like this 13 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

Next article in this thread: Re: The Supporter’s ‘Club’ by Korky113/4/2023 00:39Thu Apr 13 00:39:22 2023

Previous thread: Fixture Complications by Olde School Ks14/4/2023 08:15Fri Apr 14 08:15:26 2023view thread