On the subject of shit websites (and I should know given how basic my K's archives one is) I don't think anyone would disagree it's not up to the standard of the one that Gary produced but I don't think it is a million miles away from it that makes much difference (to me anyway). Some teccie functionality may be missing like the ability to link automatically on places like this forum and maybe I'm missing what these sites look like on a mobile. However I'm updating all my stats now for November and checking away sites as well for reports etc and:
Kingstonian- Easy to navigate and neat layout- report and (both) team line ups for all games. Recent news showing at top of front page, results and fixtures showing on side of page, drop down menu for other categories.
Whitehawk- Cluttered front page. No report that I can see and just a team line up for Whitehawk taking up huge amounts of space.
Dulwich website- Pitcheroo!!! No match report that I can see (there are some reports but in the news section which are difficult to find if you have to scroll through)- everything slow to load with flashy graphics. 4 news items taking up most of the front page.
Hastings website- "New website coming soon". Results link to FWP.
Haringey Borough- Not much on front page but easy to navigate from drop down menu- no report- no team line up. Lots of the content appears to be provided by FWP. News items are called "recent posts" and there's only about 5 of them. No sign you can easily get to older ones.
Cheshunt- Dreadful front page but easy to navigate from drop down menus. No report.
Hornchurch- Yay- Match report! OK to navigate but generally not as clean as K's and not quite as much info either.
I'm sure I'm behind on my tech as I still mostly look at sites on a PC so whether all these big icons on other sites that take up half the page have some use for mobiles that our site is missing I don't know. Even so from my perspective the K's website is as good or better than nearly every opposition site both for navigation and for content and definitely better than any of our November opposition.
Next article in this thread: Re: Photographs by Paddy7/12/2023 15:04Thu Dec 7 15:04:08 2023
- Photographs by Taimour4/12/2023 22:04Mon Dec 4 22:04:19 2023 7 peopleview thread
- Re: Photographs by Filipo4/12/2023 22:31Mon Dec 4 22:31:07 2023 5 people 1 person
- Re: Photographs by RichardNW7/12/2023 14:26Thu Dec 7 14:26:15 2023 3 people
- Re: Photographs by Paddy7/12/2023 15:04Thu Dec 7 15:04:08 2023 4 people
- Re: Photographs by BedfordshireK 7/12/2023 11:20Thu Dec 7 11:20:47 2023 6 people
- Re: Photographs by TheGreatOverseer5/12/2023 16:06Tue Dec 5 16:06:26 2023 9 people 9 people
- Re: Photographs by Bystander5/12/2023 23:33Tue Dec 5 23:33:13 2023 9 people 3 people
- Re: Photographs by Butler6/12/2023 13:16Wed Dec 6 13:16:27 2023 8 people 4 people
- Re: Photographs by Damo5/12/2023 21:50Tue Dec 5 21:50:22 2023 1 person 2 people
- Re: Photographs by jon tolley5/12/2023 16:37Tue Dec 5 16:37:35 2023 8 people 3 people
- Re: Photographs by Filipo5/12/2023 16:43Tue Dec 5 16:43:24 2023 5 people 4 people