The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Imagine new appointment in December by Cardiff KsYesterday 21:53Yesterday at 21:53:26view thread

Oldest article: Isthmian League - Premier Division results by Football Web Pages10/9/2022 15:00Sat Sep 10 15:00:57 20224 people dislike this 4 peopleview thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Isthmian League - Premier Division result by Football Web Pages5/11/2022 14:55Sat Nov 5 14:55:04 2022view thread

Earlier kick-off for Bishop's Stortford away visit

By www.kingstonian.com (fwpbot)4/11/2022 16:27Fri Nov 4 16:27:42 2022

Views: 7114

Next week's visit to Bishop's Stortford will now kick-off at 2.00pm.

Read the full news item at https://www.kingstonian.com/news/earlier-kick-off-for-bishops-stortford-away-visit/3791

reply to this article | return to the front page

5 people dislike this 5 people

Re: Earlier kick-off for Bishop's Stortford away visit

By ollie4/11/2022 16:54Fri Nov 4 16:54:07 2022In response to Earlier kick-off for Bishop's Stortford away visitTop of thread

Views: 4005

This was my concern when first announced that this would be allowed at the start of the season. I am absolutely in favour of the logic behind it, but giving fans one week's notice is not on, IMO. I hope maybe an organisation like our Supporters' Club can bring this up with the Board and/or league.

7 people like this 7 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By John Bangs5/11/2022 07:17Sat Nov 5 07:17:21 2022In response to Re: Earlier kick-off for Bishop's Stortford away visitTop of thread

Views: 3863

As Rosie has explained, Supporters organisations are not likely to be involved in such decisions between clubs. It is primarily the call of the home side.

I do though see your point that it is desirable to have adequate notice of changes and will certainly pass this comment on for future reference.

3 people like this 3 people   

By Alastair5/11/2022 07:18Sat Nov 5 07:18:28 2022In response to Re: Earlier kick-off for Bishop's Stortford away visitTop of thread

Views: 3842

Thanks John. Much appreciated.

By roseyw5/11/2022 00:19Sat Nov 5 00:19:01 2022In response to Re: Earlier kick-off for Bishop's Stortford away visitTop of thread

Views: 3843

The Supporters Club will of course not get involved between football clubs and league decisions to kick off early. This was between 2 clubs and League, not our remit at all.
We have 7 days notice and there were warnings at the start of the season as ollie acknowledged; plenty of time for us fans and volunteers to tweak our arrangements.
We have announced the Supporters coach will leave at 10.45 instead - travellers please find clubshop tomorrow to confirm. We are now to be in the stripey hut, incidentally!
I guess it is electric light /power savings reason as was suggested last month. Unless Bish are having a big bash in the evening!

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Alastair5/11/2022 07:14Sat Nov 5 07:14:12 2022In response to Re: Earlier kick-off for Bishop's Stortford away visitTop of thread

Views: 3828

Hi Rosie - thanks for being so clear on this.

I don’t think anyone in their right mind has an issue with some clubs moving kick off to 2pm to save money in an energy crisis.

The specific issue is with the notice given. I can’t see a sensible or valid reason for why the notice given has to be as short as 7 days.

You say that this is “plenty of notice”. For you maybe, but not for others like me. I will now miss this game as a result of the change as I have a prior commitment in SW London that ends at 1:30pm. If I’d known about this with weeks of notice, I’d have ensured I could have left earlier. It’s too late now. I’m sure others are in a similar position.

Anyway, no big deal really; I think a lot of us are getting out of the habit of going to games really regularly at the moment anyway sadly due to the move to Tooting.

8 people like this 8 people   

Previous thread: Kingstonian supports the Rainbow Laces campaign by www.kingstonian.com2/11/2022 19:48Wed Nov 2 19:48:30 2022view thread