The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Imagine new appointment in December by Cardiff KsYesterday 21:53Yesterday at 21:53:26view thread

Oldest article: Isthmian League - Premier Division results by Football Web Pages10/9/2022 15:00Sat Sep 10 15:00:57 20224 people dislike this 4 peopleview thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Isthmian League - Premier Division results by Football Web Pages8/11/2022 21:44Tue Nov 8 21:44:58 2022view thread

Kingstonian 2-1 Billericay Town

By www.kingstonian.com (fwpbot)5/11/2022 17:02Sat Nov 5 17:02:20 2022

Views: 50225

Third home win in a row for the K's.

Read the full news item at https://www.kingstonian.com/news/kingstonian-2-1-billericay-town/3798

reply to this article | return to the front page

2 people like this 2 people   

Re: Kingstonian 2-1 Billericay Town

By reximus5/11/2022 19:23Sat Nov 5 19:23:08 2022In response to Kingstonian 2-1 Billericay TownTop of thread

Views: 25677

A very welcome and deserved 3 points. And 9 points from our last 3 home games, excellent!

We looked dangerous when we attacked down the left wing (take a bow, Corey Andrews) but spent most of the game packing the right wing to less effect.

Many thanks to Matt Gray for loaning us Tobi Ogundega but I was worried every time he had/ lost possession. Sutton, 'nuff said...

As always, good to see some friends.

But our dwindling attendance is a MAJOR concern. When is the next fans forum, or similar? I'm sure we were promised regular or frequent or some such? I dislike Imperial Fields for so many reasons. We have to get back to the Borough as soon as possible.

rex

10 people like this 10 people   

By Iang5/11/2022 21:35Sat Nov 5 21:35:09 2022In response to Re: Kingstonian 2-1 Billericay TownTop of thread

Views: 24150

Good to see you Rex

I saw a team willing to give everything and as a "home" fan only at the mo - I've not seen a loss yet I don't think - probably wrong.

I thought there were good performances all over the park - Sam looks very assured ( even when he makes the odd blooper - he recovers).

Kenny and Tyrese are very different players but both have such strengths - KB saw off their no.8.

Nordirbeck B has some techers too

Their management team are sweary Essex stereotypes and should be sponsored by Strepsils.

Well done LOL and team - best team won

As for IF - I love the main stand ( whilst I wait for my new knee) but we are slowly dying there - we need some hope soon

6 people like this 6 people   

By Taimour (WeHateWombles)6/11/2022 11:03Sun Nov 6 11:03:12 2022In response to Re: Kingstonian 2-1 Billericay TownTop of thread

Views: 24005

"but we are slowly dying there"

Agreed, I'm afraid. There's lots to like about Imperial Fields in principle as a ground but 1) it simply is the case that around 40 regulars aren't attending anymore 2) there's occasional fans we all know who usually come to 5-10 games a season who haven't attended at all 3) the Tolworth teens are missing and the prospects of encouraging youth are close to nil 4) the proportion of non-attending season ticket holders has risen 5) for those attending it is very difficult to build atmosphere and connection and so attending becomes less attractive. I feel a bit sorry for the players that they are experiencing this rather pallid iteration of Ks.

I acknowledge that there are costs involved in moving closer to Kingston (indeed, the oft-cited Southern League issue) but there are quite serious costs in remaining where we are for the next 2 to 4 years. In the end, the club's identity and survival are at stake.

5 people like this 5 people   

By SDG (SDG (Ks))6/11/2022 13:11Sun Nov 6 13:11:45 2022In response to Re: Kingstonian 2-1 Billericay TownTop of thread

Views: 23951

Good news that on the pitch we're keeping our head above water at the moment despite the budget cut, so well done to Leo and the team on another win. The comments on the ground in this thread are much more important though and I completely agree with them.

It's not just the effect on crowds, it must be impossible to attract sponsors. The Supporters Club again sponsored the match yesterday, having already sponsored a lot of matches and match balls this season. A couple of generous fans have sponsored games but unless I'm mistaken, we haven't yet had a local business, or at least not one associated with one of our directors, sponsor a match or ball yet. But this isn't any individual's fault - why would any Kingston business want to sponsor a match in Mitcham? I certainly wouldn't want to be the one with the job of trying to sell that.

The journey has been spoken about at length but I think the idea that the facilities are 'better' also needs challenging, as it depends who you are and what you want from the matchday experience. Yes the toilets are an improvement on KGF and if you're a main stand fan you probably like the view. Behind the goal it's terrible though, much too big for us and with those high roofs it's just impossible for our small numbers to make the kind of good atmospheres that we did at KM, KGF or Leatherhead. Even if crowds are the same as at Leatherhead those empty expanses of concrete just feel sadder and emptier.

The bar has to be the worst of our four recent home grounds (or five if you count our one game at Hampton). I don't really know why some people didn't like the one at Casuals, it was cheaper and had much more choice than Mitcham. 'The Shak' gets good reviews from some but it's a proper takeaway and is priced accordingly, no-one I watch the matches with ever seems to eat there. So our own volunteers have had to step in to provide the sort of simple cheap food people want at football. The weird way you have to walk the length of the ground to get in and then up and over the stand to get back to the other end is really annoying as well, wasting another five minutes. This wouldn't be so annoying if it didn't come at the end of the awful journey.

Our initial story about the groundshare suggested there's a break clause and I really hope we're considering using it. We need to get back to Kingston ASAP and in the meantime share at a ground that's as close as possible.

8 people like this 8 people   

By Iang6/11/2022 14:26Sun Nov 6 14:26:05 2022In response to Re: Kingstonian 2-1 Billericay TownTop of thread

Views: 23882

I Hear ya SDG

I'm Sponsoring the next game - my company is a Hove based Counselling/Therapy business - so you can imagine how much trade I am hoping to pick up.

The 4 of us that are attending - Me and my Wife From as a far south as you can go without falling in and Dave Crawt and Susan from North Yorkshire area.

Surreal loyality but not exactly attracting local business Mitcham /Toots/Hackbridge or RBK

3 people like this 3 people   

By Berkshire Hoops6/11/2022 10:26Sun Nov 6 10:26:16 2022In response to Re: Kingstonian 2-1 Billericay TownTop of thread

Views: 23959

I hope your knee op goes well. I'm having a half knee replacement on 17/11 too.

Keith.

Why worry, be happy.

By Iang6/11/2022 14:28Sun Nov 6 14:28:37 2022In response to Re: Kingstonian 2-1 Billericay TownTop of thread

Views: 23842

The 1/2 knee is superb - I had my left done 8 years ago still going well.

Right knee Full this time - pre xmas - comes with playing football with Rob Ford...

All the best Keith

By David Crawt6/11/2022 22:27Sun Nov 6 22:27:30 2022In response to Re: Kingstonian 2-1 Billericay TownTop of thread

Views: 23878

I thought I was the only K’s fan with skeletal problems.

Just found out I need a right hip replacement.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By Iang7/11/2022 14:38Mon Nov 7 14:38:41 2022In response to Re: Kingstonian 2-1 Billericay TownTop of thread

Views: 23840

Good luck Dave .

Ask Rob Ford how he got on

By Berkshire Hoops7/11/2022 10:48Mon Nov 7 10:48:48 2022In response to Re: Kingstonian 2-1 Billericay TownTop of thread

Views: 23822

I think it must be an age thing. I've been a K's fan since 1966 when I was14. Best wishes to you and Iang.

Keith.

Why worry, be happy.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By David Crawt7/11/2022 11:20Mon Nov 7 11:20:58 2022In response to Re: Kingstonian 2-1 Billericay TownTop of thread

Views: 23804

Thanks Keith. I was born in December 1957, and my Dad probably took me to games as soon as he could, but my earliest recollections are from when I was about 10, so 1967 when I would have been 10.

4 people like this 4 people   

By supahoops77/11/2022 13:10Mon Nov 7 13:10:55 2022In response to Re: Kingstonian 2-1 Billericay TownTop of thread

Views: 23789

Same here David. I was born in May 1958 and my Dad started taking me to Richmond rd in 1967 from the age of 9.

By Kingting (Ksuals)7/11/2022 17:05Mon Nov 7 17:05:41 2022In response to Re: Kingstonian 2-1 Billericay TownTop of thread

Views: 23789

How times change,take your 9 year old to see Ks at Toot - you' d pr.obably get reported to Social Services for alleged child cruelty.

Ksuals

1 person likes this 1 person   2 people dislike this 2 people

By DaveK (Haver of thoughts)5/11/2022 20:11Sat Nov 5 20:11:49 2022In response to Re: Kingstonian 2-1 Billericay TownTop of thread

Views: 24074

We deserved the win but it was a strange game. There's much to build on for our attack though and broadly impressive.

5 people like this 5 people   

Previous thread: Tuesday's match v Haringey Borough by www.kingstonian.com7/11/2022 12:00Mon Nov 7 12:00:42 2022view thread