The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Women's Voice in the Men's Game by Cardiff KsToday 13:30Today at 13:30:36view thread

Oldest article: AGM!? by BUTLER$ Naked Butler28/11/2022 20:45Mon Nov 28 20:45:03 2022view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Jack Strange joins Horsham by www.kingstonian.com19/12/2022 12:18Mon Dec 19 12:18:57 2022view thread

the club really seems finished

By Rich19/12/2022 17:53Mon Dec 19 17:53:52 2022

Views: 13114

I follow Reading but stared watching Kingstonian at Kingsmeadow and more regularly at casuals. I really enjoyed the football played by Hayden Bird and the club felt very tight knit on and off the field. Some real highlights, beating Woking and coming close v Flyde and Aldershot. I was eventually joined by my 2 kids who regularly attended. From my perspective I have no interest in driving to Tooting for games and the situation now appears chaotic. I obviously offer no answer but provide anecdotal evidence of a supporter captured and lost due to the mess the club is in. I really feel for the die hard fans of the club. It seems the money in the bank will slowly dissipate and the club will die. I hope I am wrong.

reply to this article | return to the front page

9 people like this 9 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

Re: the club really seems finished

By DaveK (Haver of thoughts)21/12/2022 17:38Wed Dec 21 17:38:25 2022In response to the club really seems finishedTop of thread

Views: 8510

I thought tooting and mitchan would work and it hasn't, it is a great ground, but it's not for us and I'll eat all the humble pie and more. I was wrong. I hope we stay up this season and can move back into the borough.

5 people like this 5 people   

By KsOllie19/12/2022 18:30Mon Dec 19 18:30:20 2022In response to the club really seems finishedTop of thread

Views: 7187

It’s a weird season, I understood this season was going to be tight budget season with Lee. Going to happen at some point.

It wasn’t to bad a bit up & down in results but hey it looked alright but once Lee stepped down it just seemed like everything it collapsing quicker then the English Cricket team pre Baz Ball. We just don’t look like winning any games. 1st part of the 2nd half against Lewes we look alright, problem was we were 2-0 already.

We lost a few half decent players & they’re getting replaced by youth players who could come good soon the problem is you need experience as well. Our first team squad is all players under 23 except SBJ, Abbent & Tolfs. It doesn’t look pretty at the moment & our crowds at Tooting will only get worse. Which is a major red flag.

By Taimour (WeHateWombles)19/12/2022 18:13Mon Dec 19 18:13:04 2022In response to the club really seems finishedTop of thread

Views: 7255

it really is a reminder that VERY recently, one year ago, K's were alive and kicking. We were at Aldershot in our hundreds, watching a fine team, under an inspirational manager. There were 250 fans watching at KGF, new faces and old. Was it precarious? Yes. Uncertain? Of course. But we were not spiralling into oblivion. I have said before that i could understand a decision to lower the budget and consolidate. But the accompanying move to Mitcham is, for me, and many others, THE catastrophic error. It assumed fans would follow. It assumed the stay would be short. It assumed the promise of Lovelace would be enough.

If Mitcham is renewed for next season, whether we are in the Isthmian Premier, or a division lower, i fear it is the end. I certainly won't be renewing my season-ticket.

10 people like this 10 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By MC21/12/2022 06:58Wed Dec 21 06:58:28 2022In response to Re: the club really seems finishedTop of thread

Views: 7021

Yup, Mitcham is a disaster. It's simply too far from Kingston. There is no community feel. There is no atmosphere. It's so bad that it's a self-perpetuating thing now - I'd feel a bit embarrassed to bring friends along to such a dead experience.

It doesn't help that the football is average and results are poor, although that's been the case in the past and we got through it.

Casuals weren't the friendliest bunch and the ground is a bit of a dump but we made it work. The atmosphere was generally really good!

I fear the directors have not got their head around how bad things have become. It's a thankless task being in charge of a football club and I suppose you become accustomed to it...if we were second in the league, there's always someone questioning why you're not top...but this is a dire situation. The club really feels like it's on the verge of dying.

We cannot be playing at Mitcham next season and we need urgent change in how the club is run.

9 people like this 9 people   

By Senior (BE)20/12/2022 14:29Tue Dec 20 14:29:44 2022In response to Re: the club really seems finishedTop of thread

Views: 7081

Totally agree why transport was not laid on is a mystery. Our Directors have completely loused up the ground search and have let the fans down again. Only one answer go back to Casuals eat humble pie and thrash out a ground share amicable to both clubs and for the benefit of both clubs!

Edited by BE at 14:30:27 on 20th December 2022

2 people like this 2 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Keith (BE)20/12/2022 15:40Tue Dec 20 15:40:47 2022In response to Re: the club really seems finishedTop of thread

Views: 7073

That makes a lot of sense but it will have to be a large portion of Humble pie.

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Newt (newt1)20/12/2022 21:43Tue Dec 20 21:43:37 2022In response to Re: the club really seems finishedTop of thread

Views: 6927

I'm a bit confused about us having to eat humble pie. As I understand it, Cor-Cas voted not to continue the groundshare agreement with Ks. So it would be them having to eat humble pie if they wanted us to groundshare with them again.

COME ON YOU Ks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Newt

6 people like this 6 people   

By roseyw21/12/2022 09:05Wed Dec 21 09:05:43 2022In response to Re: the club really seems finishedTop of thread

Views: 6938

Newt is right, it was a couple of the CorCas board that didn't want any sharing and made what could have been a mutually beneficial share, an uncomfortable one and they chose not to renew, as I understood it. I'd probably welcome going back if they were all nicer...

Really surprised some people expect the directors to be shelling out for transport to Tooting; hardly anyone wanted transport when offered several times by supporters club so that seems strange. The board aren't a money tree.
I'm pretty sure if they'd been able to confirm a ground closer for this year, they would have, so that complaint is getting old and very demoralising even for me. Contact directors directly on email to offer more ideas not just same old moans, we all know it isn't right yet.
Also we would certainly complain if all the money was spent on travel for like 2-4 people, instead of the new ground, yes?

5 people like this 5 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By SDG (SDG (Ks))21/12/2022 12:55Wed Dec 21 12:55:14 2022In response to Re: the club really seems finishedTop of thread

Views: 6896

I'm pretty sure if they'd been able to confirm a ground closer for this year, they would have

Except we can have no confidence that this is true. Nor is there any indication that they understand the scale of the problem in Mitcham or are trying to fix it for next season.

We know Imber Court wasn't even attempted, with the board and Hayden Bird citing fear of the Southern League. Bird even said it would cause our players to leave - how ironic.

OK Hampton said no because of the pitch but they've since announced they're moving to 3G, yet there's no indication we're pursuing that. And we don't really know what went on behind the scenes with Casuals and how much overconfidence about Lovelace influenced how much effort we put in (or not) to persuading them to keep us.

The complaint isn't going to go away because it's defining the whole club at the moment, from crowds and fan morale to the playing budget and the mess the squad is in.

It's worth remembering again that the fanbase was enormously patient for 7 years between announcing our KM departure, and this year. The board and SC requested that patience and we largely granted it. But the debacle of Lovelace and Mitcham has brought most fans to the point of desperation, where we can't just sit in silence any more when things are this bad.

3 people like this 3 people   

By jon tolley21/12/2022 14:25Wed Dec 21 14:25:52 2022In response to Re: the club really seems finishedTop of thread

Views: 6871

I'm confident Mitcham wouldn't have been considered had we not swallowed the bullshit of Lovelace being viable. it never was.

1 person likes this 1 person   

By reximus21/12/2022 09:54Wed Dec 21 09:54:00 2022In response to Re: the club really seems finishedTop of thread

Views: 6906

Contact directors directly on email to offer more ideas

This is really not the right approach. Do the Directors seriously want multiple one-to-one conversations, each one with a supporter promoting and debating their own ideas? Crazy.

The supporters are crying out for proper communication. The move to T&M is killing the club and the Directors remain silent.

rex

4 people like this 4 people   

By Paddy (Paddy1)21/12/2022 12:26Wed Dec 21 12:26:17 2022In response to Re: the club really seems finishedTop of thread

Views: 6898

Easier to ignore an email from individual people as well to be fair, much harder to ignore a collective portion of the (remaining) fan base all saying the same thing together in the same place at the same time. Although we should probably consider upping the game from writing on a forum if we actually want our concerns addressed & not shrugged off.

2 people like this 2 people   

By jon tolley21/12/2022 09:13Wed Dec 21 09:13:41 2022In response to Re: the club really seems finishedTop of thread

Views: 6903

agree to an extent on the travel.

mostly because it would be travel from where. as a nomadic club there’s no home, no core area of fans. we championed the idea that leaving a Kingston was in our best interests. it wasn’t then. it’s proven now

2 people like this 2 people   

By irishk21/12/2022 09:10Wed Dec 21 09:10:18 2022In response to Re: the club really seems finishedTop of thread

Views: 6930

Agree with Roseyw here tbh. Can't really see there being much uptake in a bus to Mitcham at this stage.

Maybe if we had a big game to look forward to - like a relegation decider - we'd be able to get a good crowd taking the bus to Mitcham.

4 people like this 4 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By MC21/12/2022 14:31Wed Dec 21 14:31:44 2022In response to Re: the club really seems finishedTop of thread

Views: 6888

Yeah I'm not sure the transport complaint is fair - don't think there would be enough take-up. Fine!

But it's not really "the same old moans". This is a much, much worse situation than anything in the last decade. The crowds at Mitcham have been awful - let's not kid ourselves that the official attendances reflect how many people are actually in the ground.

FWIW, I broadly had confidence in the board's plan when we left KM. I didn't mind Fetcham, despite the distance, and even grew quite fond of it despite an awful on-pitch season. KGF had its drawbacks but we made it good. There's nothing positive about Mitcham. We are getting a pitiful number of fans. And we are still at square one in terms of a new ground.

My particular concern is that I haven't seen two of the directors at a home game all season (I've not attended every one of them so maybe I've missed them) and while they might well have better things to be doing, I expect they just don't realise how bad things have got. I think using this forum to discuss the extent of our malaise is fair enough.

8 people like this 8 people   

By jon tolley21/12/2022 14:39Wed Dec 21 14:39:56 2022In response to Re: the club really seems finishedTop of thread

Views: 6895

agree.
if the forum isn't the place for it, i don't know where is.

i have no faith in the supporters club to represent dissenting views.
i'd be sceptical if emails to the board get properly considered, let alone replied to

Edited by jon tolley at 14:50:38 on 21st December 2022

6 people like this 6 people   

By JamieB (JBreeze)21/12/2022 15:23Wed Dec 21 15:23:00 2022In response to Re: the club really seems finishedTop of thread

Views: 6859

i have no faith in the supporters club to represent dissenting views.

Same sadly, often i think they are too defensive of the Board when the priority should be highlighting supporters concerns and hold the board to account as they are the custodians of the club. At least publicly anyway.

What I would say though is that they do a great job with the shop and arranging away travel - both essential to keep the club going. Also the SC committee is elected by it's members and I think they have decent percentage of supporters who are members

1 person likes this 1 person   

By jon tolley21/12/2022 16:33Wed Dec 21 16:33:39 2022In response to Re: the club really seems finishedTop of thread

Views: 6889

agreed. excellent servants of the club, and without them the club would be in a considerably worse position than it is now. i'm in awe of the time and effort that goes in.

nonetheless, id be very surprised if the SC is representing to the board, what i think is the vast majority view of fans who think we're in an utter mess right now.

3 people like this 3 people   

By K's196021/12/2022 16:53Wed Dec 21 16:53:05 2022In response to Re: the club really seems finishedTop of thread

Views: 6865

Sorry to read this, not the sort of Christmas I was hoping for. Perhaps it's going to be a bleak winter.

Previous thread: Isthmian League - Premier Division results by Football Web Pages20/12/2022 21:51Tue Dec 20 21:51:37 2022view thread