The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Guernsey away by Korky1Today 08:23Today at 08:23:43view thread

Oldest article: Hastings United match report by www.kingstonian.com17/2/2023 10:56Fri Feb 17 10:56:50 2023view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Blocked by Ks by Filipo28/3/2023 14:47Tue Mar 28 14:47:17 2023view thread

The Secret Q&A with the gaffer on Saturday just gone

By KsOllie13/3/2023 19:57Mon Mar 13 19:57:58 2023

Views: 1898

It maybe worth mentioning that there was a Q&A with manager last Saturday. Not promotion on the event & was made aware of this from a couple of fans.

I don’t know what said THOUGH it might be worth mentioning that apparently most of the fans attending were bamboozled by the fact that players at this level have agents.

I don’t know what else was said so can someone share what was said
And also why why why was it kept under wraps, doesn’t help the improving communication between fans & the club.

reply to this article | return to the front page

9 people like this 9 people   3 people dislike this 3 people

Supporters Club Meeting

By John Bangs13/3/2023 22:52Mon Mar 13 22:52:41 2023In response to The Secret Q&A with the gaffer on Saturday just goneTop of thread

Views: 1518

It was a Supporters Club meeting notified in advance to its members by the secretary and with a reminder sent with Simon and Martyn speaking as guests.

2 people like this 2 people   

Re: Supporters Club Meeting

By Korky115/3/2023 13:21Wed Mar 15 13:21:16 2023In response to Supporters Club Meeting Top of thread

Views: 1270

My former boss Jim Cochrane and the former s/C chairman Colin Dead man were not notified of this meeting ,are they no longer members ?

1 person likes this 1 person   

By John Bangs16/3/2023 08:52Thu Mar 16 08:52:06 2023In response to Re: Supporters Club Meeting Top of thread

Views: 1068

I understand this is being checked and SC will communicate directly with them. Thanks for mentioning.

By BUTLER$ Naked Butler (BUTLER$ Naked Butler)14/3/2023 18:44Tue Mar 14 18:44:17 2023In response to Supporters Club Meeting Top of thread

Views: 1308

As someone who isn’t a SC member, but has been watching Ks since before I grew my first pubic hair, I feel bitterly di$appointed not to be invited to this chat with the gaffer, why the need for $uch segregation?

5 people like this 5 people   

By Butler14/3/2023 19:39Tue Mar 14 19:39:09 2023In response to Re: Supporters Club Meeting Top of thread

Views: 1238

As much as I agree with your point… We’ve spoken about this before haven’t we? I’ve given you warning after warning about posting on the forum during work hours. I requested a choco Frappuccino almost an hour ago and am still waiting!!

You’ve left me no choice…. You’re fired!!

You are now free to post on here whenever you like but you’re no longer my naked butler so I suggest you change your username, get your MK Dons kit on and get the hell outta my house.

Edited by Butler at 19:45:09 on 14th March 2023

3 people like this 3 people   

By Peter Borrett14/3/2023 19:14Tue Mar 14 19:14:36 2023In response to Re: Supporters Club Meeting Top of thread

Views: 1193

There are supporters who do not belong to the supporters club and that is their choice. Membership at a cost of 10 PENCE a week shouldn’t be a deterrence. At an annual charge at the price of a pint of beer there is an argument that the Supporters club committee cannot be 100 percent at fault if some feel there is segregation.

6 people like this 6 people   2 people dislike this 2 people

By reximus14/3/2023 19:33Tue Mar 14 19:33:47 2023In response to Re: Supporters Club Meeting Top of thread

Views: 1242

TBH Peter, I don't think the cost of membership (just £5/year) is the reason that so many Ks fans are not members of the Supporters Club.

rex

8 people like this 8 people   

By Peter Borrett14/3/2023 19:46Tue Mar 14 19:46:57 2023In response to Re: Supporters Club Meeting Top of thread

Views: 1172

Hi Rex, I realise that and , in a roundabout way, was what I was saying. As I said not to be a member their choice and no doubt they have reasons beyond not being bothered.

3 people like this 3 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By BUTLER$ Naked Butler (BUTLER$ Naked Butler)14/3/2023 19:32Tue Mar 14 19:32:35 2023In response to Re: Supporters Club Meeting Top of thread

Views: 1204

So basically the SC is a Ks VIP group is that what you’re saying Peter? Pay the membership or miss out if I’m mistaken? I’ve just never seen the SC advertised in that kind of way.

By Peter Borrett14/3/2023 19:38Tue Mar 14 19:38:06 2023In response to Re: Supporters Club Meeting Top of thread

Views: 1164

No , I am not saying that as you know. and everyone else can see

By BedfordshireK (BedfordshireK)13/3/2023 23:11Mon Mar 13 23:11:56 2023In response to Supporters Club Meeting Top of thread

Views: 1366

John, a few questions:

1) why was an event like this for supporters club members only? When an event was held with Lee in August, that wasn't the case.

2) if it was an SC event, why not advertise it more widely? It could have been a good opportunity to encourage fans to join the SC?

3) I post the initial email about it below - nothing there suggests it was an event for SC only? Was it just badly advertised?

"Dear Supporters' Club Member,

I'm sure you'll be excited to learn that Simon Lane has agreed to meet the Supporters, after the Horsham home match on 11th March. Both Simon and Martyn Lee will be available to answer your questions. We'll be meeting in the Boardroom at Imperial Fields, starting at 5.30pm.

If anyone is unable to attend, or would just prefer not to speak during the meeting, let me know your questions and we'll ensure they are included.

Looking forward to seeing you all at the match tomorrow.

COYKs."

4) Have the SC asked the board about another fans forum? It was promised to be every 3-4 months, over 6 months ago. That feels like something the SC could hold the board to account on.

11 people like this 11 people   

By John Bangs14/3/2023 06:57Tue Mar 14 06:57:44 2023In response to Re: Supporters Club Meeting Top of thread

Views: 1336

Thanks for this. I think Rosey has explained well the nature of this meeting. I think you make a good point though that some wider publicity might have provided an opportunity for recruitment to the Supporters Club. I’m sure this will be bourn in mind for future reference.

So far, the Directors have opted to give written updates about developments concerning a new ground. I am exploring the possibility of a meeting in the close season but at the end of the day this is the Directors call.

The Supporters Club’s remit does specify holding the Club’s Directors to account. They are not actually accountable to us but to their shareholders. If fan’s want a different approach please do come to the SC AGM and vote for what you would wish to see. I’m afraid the moaning on here makes little difference.

3 people like this 3 people   4 people dislike this 4 people

By BedfordshireK (BedfordshireK)28/3/2023 18:42Tue Mar 28 18:42:59 2023In response to Re: Supporters Club Meeting Top of thread

Views: 738

Any word on a fans forum, John?

4 people like this 4 people   

By John Bangs14/3/2023 09:06Tue Mar 14 09:06:52 2023In response to Re: Supporters Club Meeting Top of thread

Views: 1323

Reading the posts from Jon and Simon below, I certainly do realise that some fans raise issues on here in a considered manner and with positive intent. The trouble is that this is interspersed by frequent attacks from others on the Club’s Directors, questioning people’s integrity, peddling patent falsehoods, as well as personalised criticism of one of the Directors. There is sometimes also criticism of actions that are actually those of our volunteers …… volunteers without whom we would not have a Club.

The fact of the matter is that, whatever our Directors shortcomings, they are not masochists and long since gave up on taking the opportunity to read abuse about themselves on this Forum. If fans have questions about the running of the Club and are hoping for answer, may I respectfully suggest writing to the Club itself.

Alternatively, issues can be raised via the Supporters Club. So far as the Supporters Club is concerned, it is a membership organisation and it’s committee is accountable to it’s members, including through it’s AGM. What the Supporters Club’s current constitution actually says can be viewed on it’s web pages on the Club’s website.
It can be contacted by writing to supporters@kingstonian.com

Edited by John Bangs at 17:53:56 on 14th March 2023

6 people like this 6 people   

By SDG (SDG (Ks))14/3/2023 07:43Tue Mar 14 07:43:41 2023In response to Re: Supporters Club Meeting Top of thread

Views: 1301

They are not actually accountable to us but to their shareholders. 

This is an extraordinary thing to say. It might be the legal position of a company but it's not the moral position, nor is it a view shared by Mark Anderson. Who's said in the past (I'm paraphrasing a bit) that the club belongs to the fans and the directors are the custodians of it. Of course they're accountable to us, as well as the players, management, sponsors, the league and anyone else with an interest in Ks.

The Supporters Club’s remit does specify holding the Club’s Directors to account. 

Is this a typo? It should be part of the SC remit but isn't written in the constitution and doesn't fit with the rest of your paragraph?

So far, the Directors have opted to give written updates about developments concerning a new ground. 

The last two updates on this have been helpful and well-received but there's plenty more to discuss about this club than just the new ground.

On meet the manager, I couldn't make it to the game last Saturday so I wasn't personally affected. But I don't see any good reason at all why this was, or had to be, an event closed for SC members rather than something the whole fanbase was welcome to.

Edited by SDG (Ks) at 07:51:12 on 14th March 2023

5 people like this 5 people   

By jon tolley14/3/2023 07:38Tue Mar 14 07:38:52 2023In response to Re: Supporters Club Meeting Top of thread

Views: 1271

John, sometimes people are asking questions and being constructive not moaning. try take some of it on board?

it’s not very clear ”The Supporters Club’s remit does specify holding the Club’s Directors to account”

Edited by jon tolley at 07:39:27 on 14th March 2023
Edited by jon tolley at 07:40:28 on 14th March 2023

3 people like this 3 people   

Re: The Secret Q&A with the gaffer on Saturday just gone

By Gary (gekins)13/3/2023 21:28Mon Mar 13 21:28:39 2023In response to The Secret Q&A with the gaffer on Saturday just goneTop of thread

Views: 1404

Not sure I see the need for this meeting now that the club has established the now regular “meet the board” meetings that have all been held this season.

Oh.

By Suom Ynona13/3/2023 20:36Mon Mar 13 20:36:36 2023In response to The Secret Q&A with the gaffer on Saturday just goneTop of thread

Views: 1416

That is pretty unacceptable behaviour not to let anyone know prior to the event. It doesn't surprise me in the least though. Typical behaviour.

By reximus14/3/2023 09:58Tue Mar 14 09:58:34 2023In response to Re: The Secret Q&A with the gaffer on Saturday just goneTop of thread

I get that this was a private audience, held exclusively for Ks elite supporters, the Members of the Supporters Club. But as Suom Ynona suggests, it was sadly typical of the Supporters Club.

More worryingly, it seems a strange choice by Simon Lane, who has stated his desire to do "everything possible to bring better times to the supporters". I assume he was advised by the Supporters Club to keep this meeting private? If so, I think he's been badly served.

rex

4 people like this 4 people   3 people dislike this 3 people

By roseyw13/3/2023 22:53Mon Mar 13 22:53:42 2023In response to Re: The Secret Q&A with the gaffer on Saturday just goneTop of thread

Views: 1392

I am sorry you didn't hear about the Q&A. An email was sent to all Supporters Club members to benefit from this generous slice of our manager & assistant manager's time after the game, and allow them to speak and pose questions.
If you are a supporters club member and did not receive that email please contact us asap and we apologise. This was an event arranged with and by the Supporters Club.

Manager or Assistant manager is interviewed after every game and the entire candid interview is posted online.

By reximus19/3/2023 23:44Sun Mar 19 23:44:14 2023In response to Re: The Secret Q&A with the gaffer on Saturday just goneTop of thread

Views: 925

Trying to pull together a few comments in this thread...

Manager or Assistant manager is interviewed after every game and the entire candid interview is posted online.

It's not correct to say that this happens after every game.

And I don't think I've seen Martyn Lee interviewed? I don't blame you, Rosey, or anyone in the Supporters Club for this, but it's interesting to note in this thread that, where these interviews do take place and get shared online for all Ks fans to enjoy, it's entirely down to a couple of dedicated Ks fans making a personal effort and not anything to do with the SC.

Meanwhile, yes there is some confusion over who is and who isn't a member of the SC. I thought I wasn't. John Bangs (in a thread recently) told me I was. He also asked me what the Club could be doing to improve relationships with supporters who live a long way away and can't get to many games. This exclusive, members-only audience with the Manager, seems very much at odds with that.

rex

By Mike (The.Cat)20/3/2023 11:39Mon Mar 20 11:39:29 2023In response to Re: The Secret Q&A with the gaffer on Saturday just goneTop of thread

Views: 840

Is anyone allowed to share membership of an organisation, eg Supporters’ Club, without express permission of the other party when it’s published on a public platform, eg here

GPDR hasn’t been scrapped yet

Maybe it’s a red herring but equally the right to privacy is a wider issue

By reximus20/3/2023 22:38Mon Mar 20 22:38:10 2023In response to Re: The Secret Q&A with the gaffer on Saturday just goneTop of thread

Views: 703

I absolve John Bangs for any liability in sharing that I either am or am not a member of the Kingstonian Supporters Club.

rex

By reximus14/3/2023 10:05Tue Mar 14 10:05:52 2023In response to Re: The Secret Q&A with the gaffer on Saturday just goneTop of thread

I didn't receive an email.

rex

By KsOllie14/3/2023 11:44Tue Mar 14 11:44:43 2023In response to Re: The Secret Q&A with the gaffer on Saturday just goneTop of thread

Views: 1305

Me too
Check Junk mail as well & nothing

By roseyw18/3/2023 13:52Sat Mar 18 13:52:53 2023In response to Re: The Secret Q&A with the gaffer on Saturday just goneTop of thread

Views: 973

It's a surprise to me how many people don't know if they are members or not. If you've paid membership this season, if you've had email from our Secretary to confirm membership.. maybe awarded life membership like young Lawrence was....if not, and not listed on the members list I have brought most home games... maybe you aren't actually a supp club member at present. A number of Notable Kingstonian figures aren't supp club members at the moment so do check uour records. Members have complained there weren't enough special members only events, and now we're getting complaints when there are members only events.
I have an up-to-date list at yhe next home game and you can always contact Supporters@kingstonian.com

4 people like this 4 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By SDG (SDG (Ks))18/3/2023 18:30Sat Mar 18 18:30:14 2023In response to Re: The Secret Q&A with the gaffer on Saturday just goneTop of thread

Views: 994

Members have complained there weren't enough special members only events, and now we're getting complaints when there are members only events.

As has been pointed out, SC membership is only a fiver. Subsidised minibus travel to most away games seems like more than enough value for money for this.

I really don't see why members need exclusive events on top of that, which in this case has gatekept a meet the manager from those Ks fans who, for various reasons, aren't SC members.

7 people like this 7 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Filipo14/3/2023 10:59Tue Mar 14 10:59:25 2023In response to Re: The Secret Q&A with the gaffer on Saturday just goneTop of thread

Views: 1314

I’m looking to start ‘The real Kingstonian supporters club’. We have no constitution, no members fees, no bullshit. We are a supporters club in name only.

Dear members, would you like me to arrange a Q and A with the manager? Non members are welcome!

7 people like this 7 people   5 people dislike this 5 people

Previous thread: Grier's Guide to Folkestone Invicta by www.kingstonian.com28/3/2023 17:04Tue Mar 28 17:04:38 2023view thread