The K's In Point

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Guernsey away by David CrawtToday 10:05Today at 10:05:48view thread

Oldest article: Hastings United match report by www.kingstonian.com17/2/2023 10:56Fri Feb 17 10:56:50 2023view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: RIP Patrick by Mike31/3/2023 08:25Fri Mar 31 08:25:17 2023view thread

Kayani

By Taimour (WeHateWombles)26/3/2023 08:34Sun Mar 26 08:34:55 2023

Views: 1232

Right, let's talk Imran Kayani - he's gone to Hanwell!

reply to this article | return to the front page

1 person likes this 1 person   1 person dislikes this 1 person

Re: Kayani

By Senior (BE)27/3/2023 10:30Mon Mar 27 10:30:35 2023In response to KayaniTop of thread

Views: 1016

Exactly my point. Why was he not offered a loan to end of season? He was the difference between us staying up or now going down. The Board must take responsibility for this mess the club has got into!!

2 people like this 2 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Kingting (Ksuals)27/3/2023 13:13Mon Mar 27 13:13:59 2023In response to Re: KayaniTop of thread

Views: 995

As Ks have lost so many must win games,failed to get X points from x games that those in the know have posted, is it not the case whether Kayani or anyone else stays or goes is irrelevant?
Or maybe the must win / points posts are lot of nothing as all Ks have to do is have 4 teams below them

Ksuals

By supahoops727/3/2023 13:51Mon Mar 27 13:51:58 2023In response to Re: KayaniTop of thread

Views: 922

Mmm..interesting points.
With regards to the recent 'comings and goings' post,
I think we have lost players like Kayani and Jalloh that had a bit of something about them. The players brought in most recently
are simply not up to this level of football and therefore, we will be one of the four that you refer to and we will be relegated.
Lets hope I'm wrong.

By Kingting (Ksuals)27/3/2023 14:46Mon Mar 27 14:46:09 2023In response to Re: KayaniTop of thread

Views: 933

Superhoops how important do you think Ks avoiding relegation this season is to their long term sustainability?

Ksuals

1 person likes this 1 person   

By supahoops727/3/2023 18:44Mon Mar 27 18:44:58 2023In response to Re: KayaniTop of thread

Views: 898

Dear Mr Ksuals,
Thats a good question and sustainability is the keyword.
Our club is in the midst of a funding crisis and the board can't/won't fund a sum to attract quality or experienced players to get us out of trouble. That kind of funding isn't coming through the turnstiles. Fans on this site have correctly voiced their concerns about home gates at Tooting, barely exceeding 200 with or without season ticket holders included.
Can you imagine what home attendances will be like at a step down when with respect, Chipstead, Bedfont sports, South Park,
SCR and RPV come calling?. What will the playing budget be then? I just think staying at this level, even with current home attendances gives us more cash through the turnstiles than at a lower level. The clubs likely to come up from div1 Sth or down from conf sth will bring decent away support and the close season will give everyone involved with the club a chance to ptesent ideas to boost a playing budget. I can't believe the board would want us to be relegated while they wait for developments regards a new home.

2 people like this 2 people   

By Senior (BE)29/3/2023 15:48Wed Mar 29 15:48:27 2023In response to Re: KayaniTop of thread

Views: 722

I would not bet on that, some of the Board members don't attend matches anymore, Why not? Money is not going in the players fund so we are left with an inadequate squad that will relegate us,.

By Suom Ynona29/3/2023 16:36Wed Mar 29 16:36:33 2023In response to Re: KayaniTop of thread

Views: 744

Exactly this. Not sure I've seen Anderson there more than once and don't think I've seen Paul Hayward there at all. If the board have given up attending matches then why reject help from people that are attending matches, can see the problems and care a great deal about this club?

3 people like this 3 people   

By Olde School Ks (OldSchoolKs)27/3/2023 20:28Mon Mar 27 20:28:35 2023In response to Re: KayaniTop of thread

Views: 900

Agree with most of what you are saying about the worries of a lower league but if you think for a moment our inept Board will take heed and start investing seems a pipe dream and a SC that tries hard but only gives any raised money to the Board not on Supporters travel

1 person likes this 1 person   2 people dislike this 2 people

By roseyw27/3/2023 22:35Mon Mar 27 22:35:58 2023In response to Re: KayaniTop of thread

Views: 808

That is incorrect re the Supporters club, you do not have correct information there. You can look at the annual accounts at the next AGM if you want to.

Also to note just because a player doesn't remain with us doesn't mean they weren't asked. There may be reasons in and out of football for any player move, we don't know if offers were made or not.

2 people like this 2 people   1 person dislikes this 1 person

By Peter Borrett27/3/2023 21:33Mon Mar 27 21:33:28 2023In response to Re: KayaniTop of thread

Views: 822

I think I would replace the word investing with the word funding. It can be argued that more football clubs than not operate at a loss or have benefactors i.e Wrexham. The supporters clubs accounts will state whether the SC provides any funding towards supporters travel. It appears to me there is a lack of demand and quite a few supporters who travel away use their own cars or public transport. Probably because it is more cost effective and convenient. As I have mentioned before there has to be a certain level of takers for a coach to run and that would include running at an acceptable loss. I can’t believe anyone should think a coach should run, let’s say,25 percent full.. I don’t think the supporters club gives any money to the board.. I agree with you that the supporters club committee work hard . All are volunteers and I am sure many appreciate their efforts.

4 people like this 4 people   

By jon tolley27/3/2023 22:01Mon Mar 27 22:01:41 2023In response to Re: KayaniTop of thread

Views: 864

I don’t think the supporters club gives any money to the board

Supporters Club rightly or wrongly sponsors most games in some way or another. it's semantics about whether or not giving money to the club is giving money to the board IMO.

By Peter Borrett27/3/2023 22:44Mon Mar 27 22:44:01 2023In response to Re: KayaniTop of thread

Views: 780

No. It’s not semantics. The supporters club sponsors Kingstonian football club . To say that the supporters club are paying the board implies the supporters club sponsors games knowing that the money is then paid to board members rather then to support the football club costs.
That is an important difference

By roseyw27/3/2023 22:52Mon Mar 27 22:52:53 2023In response to Re: KayaniTop of thread

Views: 822

Thank you Peter.
My issues was with that statement
"SC that tries hard but only gives any raised money to the Board not on Supporters travel"
This is factually untrue.

I'll not continue on this forum as it's not efficient to get information out, it's only a few on here, but SC will produce clear financially next agm. I've already previously given plenty of facts on travel so do find and review those.

2 people like this 2 people   

By Kingting (Ksuals)27/3/2023 19:09Mon Mar 27 19:09:44 2023In response to Re: KayaniTop of thread

Views: 871

Some interesting points made S7.
As chance had it the local game was up the way in Arundel agin Epsom and Ewell who have been nomads for what 20/30 years. Talk to a bloke involved in running the club, they have the backing and site for new ground but council being difficult. He thinks if it doesn't go through they've 5 years left at county or above level.

Ksuals

Previous thread: Isthmian League - Premier Division result by Football Web Pages28/3/2023 21:43Tue Mar 28 21:43:07 2023view thread